Author Topic: PHNL and UT2=problem!  (Read 5968 times)

CB__717

PHNL and UT2=problem!
« on: August 25, 2010, 05:40:12 pm »
So i bought Honolulu a couple days ago. Ultimate traffic 2 from flight1 was already installed and working fine. Then I bought PHNL and something strange happened. UT2 is cool because you can assign any FSX aircraft, downloaded or default, to any airline or flight. This is because some airlines are assigned to aircraft that dont have proper reapints and therefore dont show up. Since Go! mokulele, Pacific wings, and Island air didn't have aircraft at first, I assigned some ai ones I downloaded and it was awesome. Then, when PHNL was activated, these aircraft did not show up and it was just their shadow and text above them identifying them. They keep showing up and dissapearing. Any help?

skimmer

Re: PHNL and UT2=problem!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 05:49:06 pm »
I have UT2 and have not had that problem. I suggest you ask at UT2 site.

data63

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 09:34:05 pm »
Do you have the DX10 Preview activated ??
May be the Mokulele Models don't work right with ist

happy landings!

juergen

tom987

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 01:55:48 am »
Hey, I can help you with that! I'm using WOAI but i have the problem aswell. Deactivating the "aircraft casts shadows on ground" option solves the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:51:12 am »
This has been discussed several times: whenever you have invisible AIs, it's because they aren't FSX native models, but converted from FS9 (their .MDL is compiled with the FS9 SDK), and are not compatible with airports that use custom runway textures. This happens to many addon airports, not just FSDT's

UT2 models should be FSX native but, if you downloaded other models which weren't, even if you used UT2 to assign them, they are still FS9 models, which creates that issue.

The solution is either switch the "Airplane Cast Shadows on Ground" option off in the settings, or using AI models that has been compiled using the FSX SDK.

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 06:37:43 pm »
Like Umberto mentioned you probably added a model that was made for fs9 to ut2, your gonna have to disable aircraft shadows like Umberto mentioned above. if you want to keep Go! mokulele, Pacific wings, and Island air. since all the models that come with UT2 are native fsx models.  . its not a big deal to me I keep aircraft shadows off to save frame rates also.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR