Author Topic: help  (Read 11026 times)

ump500

help
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:48:33 pm »
I just installed kdfw Iam using fsx and vista 64 bit and rex 2.0 there must be something wrong with my settings cuz the runways look like i am taking off in a desert  and I am getting a stall warning when i taxi and take off now i tried to adjust settings according toi your manuel but i do not see the slider bar headings in my addon manage that u have on your design notes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:44:44 pm »
I don't understand much of your message, please rewrite it in a clearer way.

Do you see the Addon Manager menu ?

Do you see all the scenery ?

ump500

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:57:20 pm »
i do see the addon manage and the settings in the design notes of the manuel i do not see those sliders on my add on manage my software i an using is fsx and i also have rex 2.0 the way that my runway looks is like a desert and when i am taxing i have the stall warnings thats new since i installed kdfw. i think it is registered right i do not have the button to register serial number it is blocked off can't click on it need help to figure out where i went wrong with settings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 09:22:24 am »
Your 2nd message is even  less clear than the 1st one, let's try it again:

- It's just NOT possible you don't see the settings suggested in the Design Notes, because those are standard in FSX, they are under "Options">>"Settings">>"Video">>"Scenery"

- Your problems doesn't have ANYTHING to do with activation or registration, if the scenery is not registered, it will run correctly, just for 5 minutes at a time.

- Is still not clear what do you mean with "my runway looks is like a desert". Do you mean that everythign is correct EXCEPT the runway, or the whole scenery is empty ?

ump500

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 07:43:18 pm »
ok i thought it was in the add on manager i do hav those settings correct and fs dream team is top priorty on list.  the runway and the taxi ways are the same color there is not the look of concrete on runway they both look like a desert the grass looks fine when you first start up fs the runway looks right then it like resets the senery and becomes the same color as the taxi ways 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:31 pm »
Sorry but, again, for the 3rd time, it's very difficult to understand what you are saying.

I'll repeat my question: it's just the runway that looks strange ? Do you see the whole scenery, like buildings, etc ?

ump500

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 11:20:17 pm »
yes sorry it is just the runways and taxi ways that look strange

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 11:23:35 pm »
Ok, it's possible that REX is interfering ? KDFW uses shaders for the ground rendering and, I seems to recall that REX replaces the default shaders. Is it possible to temporary disable it, and return to the original config ?

ump500

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 12:20:13 am »
i am not sure if it is new to this whole process it seems like when i first start it when i am on the runway then everything is normal then after a minute or so it changes where the runways and taxi ways look the same

ump500

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 02:26:24 am »
ati2600hd is my video card i don't know if that makes a difference

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 02:53:10 am »
i am not sure if it is new to this whole process it seems like when i first start it when i am on the runway then everything is normal then after a minute or so it changes where the runways and taxi ways look the same

Hi ump,

As a casual observer of this thread, why dont you post some screen shots showing what looks weird to you? Maybe since the runway and taxiway textures have bump maps in them and you can see more detail that is what is looking funny since no other airports have this type of ground textures. Plus when the scenery first loads it takes a minute for the textures to pop into place. When I first start a flight at this airport the underlying default runway textures show, then after a few seconds when the scenery finally finishes loading the new FSDT textures appear.

ump500

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 03:36:15 am »
i am new to all this not sure how to post screen shots

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 05:35:36 am »
i am new to all this not sure how to post screen shots

Go into FSX position yourself where you can see the problem you are describing and press the V key, that will take a screen shot.

Then go into your My Doc/My Photos/FSX photos and copy that pic to your desktop. Then open the screen print in paint, Infranview, or any photo/paint program like that and resave it as a jpg.

Then reply here and in this thread where you type the message click on the left side where it says Additional options. Hit the browse button and locate that pic on your desktop and hit open, then the post button.

ump500

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 05:27:05 pm »
here are the picture i hope it helps the one in the cockpit is how it looks when it starts up which is fine then after about 45 sec it switches to the others

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 07:15:53 pm »
There's nothing wrong with your pictures: the "desert" color is the correct one, the grey one is the underlying default AFCAD color, see this picture:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/1/3/1/1579131.jpg

The only thing strange, that it shouldn't take *that* long to load, on my system it doesn't take more than 2-3 seconds to switch from grey to light brown.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 07:18:02 pm by virtuali »