Author Topic: JFK Issues - FS9 Shuts down  (Read 52340 times)

Jsandrews1

JFK Issues - FS9 Shuts down
« on: August 22, 2010, 03:48:07 am »
Hey there -
FS9 shuts down everytime I land at JFK, I see everything fine, approach works great, land then boom, FS9 crashes. It also will not start up from JFK, it will crash then as well. It is the only airport to do this that I have come accross. Any ideas?

OK, I just shut off all of my AI aircraft and it doesn't crash. That leads me to believe it is AI related. I am not sure you can help, but what would I look for in the AI aircraft that would casue this to crash? It is only at 800a-1000a, how can I find the plane that is causing this?

also, does it have to be in JFK or can it be at a surrounding airport?

Thanks - Jeff
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 04:34:51 am by Jsandrews1 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK Issues - FS9 Shuts down
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 10:13:59 am »
OK, I just shut off all of my AI aircraft and it doesn't crash. That leads me to believe it is AI related.

also, does it have to be in JFK or can it be at a surrounding airport?

The most likely cause for this, is a corrupted/missing AI texture, it only happens at JFK (well, it probably happens at other places too, just you ned to find them), because that specific AI might be of a relatively rare livery, which is found in a few places.

Yes, it could be quite tricky to find it in hundreds of AIs. I don't know if there's some utility that scans for corrupted textures automatically, maybe there is.

Jsandrews1

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 10:47:50 pm »
Thanks - not what I wanted to hear, but I understand. Off to find the file.

Thanks again - Love your sceneries.

Jeff

United_fan

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 03:49:26 pm »
I too have this problem,JFK runs for 20 seconds or so,then stops and crashes.

United_fan

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 04:29:59 pm »
I deleted Jet Blue's NY Jets plane,then flew around JFK for 20 minutes and it didn't crash. hhhmmmmmm?????

comicpilot

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 07:50:39 am »
Just a heads up there was also a problem with one of the Aeromexico 737-800s (Aardvark) that was causing issues at KJFK and MMMX.  So if you still have issues and have aeromexico installed try a different paint.  i cant remember who's AMX 738 paint was the issue.  there are two on avsim.  I switched em out and it fixed my problem in Mexico at a few airfields. 

For the Jetblue, do you remember whos paint you had for the Jets' plane?  I know two painters did that one also.

Thanks.

Drew

jbodenh2

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 05:12:22 pm »
Hi all,
I've been recently experiencing this issue, as well. I landed at JFK and on taxi, the airport closes. This also happened at EWR (BluePrint), when I was taxing for takeoff. My guess is that it has something to do with a scenery texture on an AI aircraft. Is there anyway to determine where the issue(s) lie?