Author Topic: PHNL and TrafficX  (Read 4861 times)

DaveSHQ

PHNL and TrafficX
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:03:31 am »
First of all i searched the forums first to see if i could solve this myself. Turning off shadows etc did not work for me so now i'm asking for help.

Aircraft do not show up during the day but do show up at night

As you may or may not see some Northwest aircraft at PHNL...next question is how do i get them out of the terminal lol

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/DavidT_photo/fsx.jpg
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:04:29 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHNL and TrafficX
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 05:09:18 am »
Not a problem of the scenery.

As far I can see, your screenshot shows airplanes parked in entierely wrong positions and inside terminals. This is surely caused by another AFCAD in conflict, possibly from TrafficX itself, because those AI packages usually come with AFCAD files that are based on the default scenery so, they'll not work with addon airport, unless they made an AFCAD specifically for that addon airport, which is not needed, since PHNL comes with its own AFCAD.

So, you need to find all AFCADs for PHNL, and remove all the duplicates. You should ONLY have 2 AFCADs: the default from Microsoft and the one in the fsdreamteam\PHNL folder. If you have more than these two, remove all the extra.

To find AFCAD duplicates, you can use the free FSX Airport Scanner available here:

http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/ (click the "Download Center" link )

DaveSHQ

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am »
Ahh i see. I had one for MegasceneryX and TrafficX.

That would supposed to solve only the misplaced airplanes, not the low number of airplanes.

Took both out however, all i saw was 4 aircraft at 100%. Perhaps next time i reboot i'll get more.

You should first try to check if the airplanes are not there, or they are just invisible. This could be probabably checked with the Traffic Toolbox by MS that comes with the SDK, or with any other traffic board utility.

If they are invisible, it's usually problem of using legacy FS9 models in FSX. However, this problem happened only when the scenery used the FS9 runway lights command. KDFW doesn't use it so, this shouldn't be a problem.

Another issue might be the airplanes radiuses against the parkings radius, it TrafficX uses a somewhat non standard radius, FSX might fail to assign a parking that fits an airplane.

And, you should also check the TrafficX schedule for that time and day of week at KDFW, to see how many are *supposed* to be there.

In any case, we have tested KDFW with Ultimate Traffic 2 in FSX, and with World of AI in FS9, and there's plenty of traffic to be seen, probably more than a hundred airplanes so, this should eliminate any problem specific with KDFW.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:13:08 am by virtuali »

808CruzControl

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 11:18:27 am »
I think I might be a little late on this post but I have the same issue. During the day, I can see the default airport, meaning, I can see the default taxi ways and jetways. And How am I suppose to find the afcad file and remove it? Ive downloaded that airport scanner program but it didnt do anything.

data63

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 09:58:44 pm »
try ..yourFSXPath/My Traffic/scenery.

You'll find lot's of br2_****.bgl files

Disable br2_phnl.bgl by adding a .off to the filename

have a look for other duplicates ;-)

Happy Landings

Juergen