It woud be better if there was a tutorial on how to install it like a video tutorial.
There's no need of any tutorial. To install, you just run the installer and wait for it to complete. If there are problems during the installation, like a corrupted scenery.cfg, you WILL be notified.
However, in your case, you had a very different problem (as you said, it shut down in the middle of the install), which can't obviously be consider normal and it doesn't have anything to do with the scenery or its installation method so, it should be first understood *what* happened in your case, which is exactly what I've already explained, twice, in the other thread about the scenery.cfg.
About the antivirus, there's also can't be any "tutorial", because the issue it's specific to some products (it's not that *all* the antivirus don't work with our software, most of them works just fine) so only you, as the antivirus user, should know HOW to properly configured the antivirus that *you* chose to use so, obviously, the directions can only be generic, you have to refer to your antivirus documentation how to proceed, exactly.
So, I'll repeat and confirm, IF (we are not really sure if it WAS an antivirus problem to begin with) the problem is the antivirus, there's only one way to deal with this, and it was the one I've already writte before:
- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.
- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.
- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.
- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:
YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.
- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.
- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered plugins" menu under the "Addons" menu.