Author Topic: Help With Landing Lights  (Read 4609 times)

civil714

Help With Landing Lights
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:03:48 pm »
I bought Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport once it became available for purchase.  I love it and can not wait for AES to become available for this airport.  You guys do top notch work.  I have installed, KDFW 1.0.5 Update for FSX, and I am still having a particular problem that I believe the update said it had fixed.  I use any of my American Airlines Quality Wings Boeing 757 and can not see the landing lights on any of the runways or taxiways in the “Outside Locked View”.  Call me unrealistic but that is how I taxi, take-off, and land by the “Outside Locked View.”  This problem does not occur or happen at John F. Kennedy International Airport; Chicago O’Hare International Airport, Las Vegas international Airport, Fort Lauderdale International Airport, and Honolulu International Airport using the "Outside Locked View" at night.  It works perfectly.  I am not a scenery programmer and I know a lot more stuff that has been added since the previous airports, but when I open to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport in the “Outside Locked View” at night I see the landing light but when it loads up the last few layers for the runway it disappears totally.  What can I do to fix this problem?

Thank-you   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help With Landing Lights
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 10:14:51 pm »
The 1.0.5 update is supposed to fix this. Have you tried with a default airplane ?

civil714

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 12:05:55 am »
I do not seem to understand this problem.  It is a very weird one.  At Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, I used the default Airbus 321, Boeing 737-800, Boeing 747-400, and the Bombardier CRJ-700 at the “Outside Locked View” and it works perfectly.  Then I placed the Quality Wings Simulations Boeing 757 and did not work.  I did the same exact test with the same exact airplanes at both Las Vegas International Airport and Chicago O’Hare International Airport and everything worked perfectly.  I saw the default airplanes landing lights and the Quality Wings Simulations Boeing 757 landing lights.  At Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, to me watching it load the runway with the Quality Wings Simulations Boeing 757 and it's landing lights on and also in the “Outside Locked View” everything is fine until it gets to the last layer with runway lights, runway paint, and maybe other things that I am unaware of, it then disappears.

Thank-you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 08:39:37 am »
So, are you confirming the problem at KDFW happens ONLY with the QW757 and not with default airplanes ? Have you tried other addon airplanes ?

The fact this doesn't happen with our other sceneries, it's because of the scenery is made (it's fully 3d, which allows for elevated taxiways, that our other sceneries don't have), this means is probably more sensitive to the how the airplane is made.

People have been asking elevated taxiways for ages, we always said there were lots of issues and side effects, this is one of them, there *are* some rough edges with an airport made to support elevated taxiways (the whole airport has to be designed differently, just to support them) so, there might be issues in some situations and/or with some addons.