Author Topic: Latest updated AFCAD as of 8-16-10 Afternoon  (Read 6181 times)

DMullert

Latest updated AFCAD as of 8-16-10 Afternoon
« on: August 17, 2010, 12:26:04 am »
Hello Folks!

There has been additional input on my AFCAD for KDFW, so I decided to make some further adjustments and re-send the latest AFCAD.  Inthis version I made the following changes:

1.  Added a helicopter starting position on the intersection adjacent to the GA parking area (where the H lies).
2.  Fixed the issue with gate E-14.
3.  Made some cargo parking code changes.
4.  Made some AAL parking radious changes on terminals D, C, and A.

This file also includes all of my previous changes prior to 8-16-10.

Hope this helps!

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Latest updated AFCAD as of 8-16-10 Afternoon
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 01:20:43 am »
You've been a busy guy lately with all these ADE's, lol. In fact you make them faster than I can test them.

I'm going to try your latest one right now.

FlyAAJets

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 02:04:37 am »
When you are testing the latest, can you reply back if arrivals to 17/35C are working and not
all going to 17L/35R.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 03:43:41 am »
When you are testing the latest, can you reply back if arrivals to 17/35C are working and not
all going to 17L/35R.

Sorry I just did a flight here and didn't notice. I was given an approach to 17R but didn't notice if anyone was landing on the 17L/17C or the opposite.

It should be ok, however I took this latest ADE that Dennis did and made some of my own modifications to it and then reloaded the stock approaches before I recompiled it. The only thing I changed from his was that I deleted all the additional parking at the old Delta hanger on the east side of the airport and deleted the additional satelite parking that was added by terminal A and C. The only reason I deleted those spaces was because I use Ultimate Traffic 2 and the way they spawn the a/c only 20 minutes prior to departure if I have two many spots that aren't gates they will sometimes end up getting spawned there, rather than at the gates. The additional parking Dennis added works better if you have bgl based traffic and need more parking since the AI tend to hang around longer.

DMullert

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 06:11:19 am »
Hey CMP!

Yes I use bgl based AI traffic through TTools.  How did you load the stock approaches before compiling?  I'd like to do that!!!!!

Thanks a bunch!

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 07:28:46 am »
Hey CMP!

Yes I use bgl based AI traffic through TTools.  How did you load the stock approaches before compiling?  I'd like to do that!!!!!

Thanks a bunch!

Dennis D. Mullert

Hi Dennis.

Just go to the Tools menu at the top and then click on the button that says "Load Stock Data". then you will get a few choices of things to add, just click on the option for Approaches and hit the Import button. Then once you are done with making any other changes you want in the airport, just compile it and it will have the stock approaches.

Frankly in a lot of ADE's I used before I never used that function since I fly complex addon airlines that use Airac cycled approaches, but for ADE's that you distribute its a good idea for people who use the default GPS or want their AI to fly certain types of approaches. When it comes to AI, I really dont care what approach they fly as long as its not through mountains, lol.

On the subject of bgl traffic, if I was using that I would need all the parking spots you included, however with UT2 spawning only traffic that is going to depart, I run the risk of having it spawn at those outer parking spots, that's why for me I deleted some of the parking. Since I have less AI on the airport at one time I would rather have them sitting at the gate.

Tonight I am going to write some static AI for some of the gates that I dont see much traffic at, as well as some static cargo AI. For some of these I will probably make my own parking codes to insure that they are parked in the correct spot. You could even put some static Champion 727's in if you wanted. When FSDT first released KFLL I placed some static DHL planes over in their old parking spots like they appear in Google maps. Since then I learned that DHL no longer flies there so I have since removed it.

It's amazing how carried away you can get customizing an airport by an ADE and some custom AI :-)

FlyAAJets

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 02:43:11 pm »
17/35C no arrivals for 2+ hours I watched. Everything going to 17L/35R. Even the default from FSDT is the same.

Can we not have 3 arrival runways in use? If so I think closing 17L and 35R would make it more realistic imho.

Thanks for your hard work, everything else looks good. btw, are we using AALX or EGF?

DMullert

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 06:07:23 pm »
Hey CMP!

Glad to see you're building up on my AFCAD.  You are right - just when you think you're done, a million other details pop up.  I just took off from DFW this morning on my way to Miami, connecting to Bogota.  We took off on 17R and I must have made not of 20 details I wanted to includ ein my AFCAD that are not there.  Things such as the exact position of the windsocks, ILS transmitter antennas, localizer antenna positions, some overflow parking orientation, etc....  It could get crazy.  Problem is that I now need to wait to either land or takeoff on the west side of the airport in order to look at the details in that area.  That's the beauty of AFCADs and programs such as ADE - you can tweak until you're blue in the face and customize things to your liking.

Have fun and thanks for the info. on the stock data - will give it a try Saturday when I get back!

Dennis D. Mullert!
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

duckbilled

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 07:19:48 pm »
I think the issue with the approaches being missing was what I experienced with the earlier versions. I was getting assigned visual approaches rather than ILS approaches. FSX will assign you a ILS approach if one is available. Also, the GPS was not displaying procedure information. After a little research, I found that you must import the stock approaches after editing a ADE file unless you are going to create them from scratch. ADE will turn them off by default unless you add them back in.

Of course, you will never notice that they are missing if you don't use FSX ATC and the default GPS. The ILS frequencies for the runways are still there so you can still land with the ILS.

I am glad I finally got to the bottom of this issue. I was editing parking information for a lot of payware airports and a lot of problems were created by not adding the stock approach data including:

*ATC sending you on wild goose chases 200nm from the airport and canceling your IFR flightplan (ATC gave me headings that sent me to Cuba when on approach to KFLL).
*ATC just forgetting about you
*AI and you being assigned visual approaches to ILS runways
*No approach data in the default GPS
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:21:23 pm by duckbilled »