Author Topic: missing buildings :/  (Read 7428 times)

pagio88

missing buildings :/
« on: August 16, 2010, 07:55:49 pm »
installed dallas the same way i have installed klax , kord , kjfk , lzsh but i see no terminals or buldings at dallas any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: missing buildings :/
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:00:26 pm »
Usual question:

do you see the Addon Manager menu ?

If not, it's possible your antivirus has blocked the Addon Manager update, so you are still with an old version, which will quit FS9 at start, if mixed with newly installed scenery files. To fix this, do the following:

- Turn your antivirus OFF

- Reinstall KDFW. DO NOT turn the antivirus ON, yet.

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the FS9\MODULES\BGLMAN.DLL

- Turn the antivirus back ON and try again running FS9.

pagio88

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:24:17 pm »
no antivirus software on my pc and yes i do see the addon manger, all other airports i have from you are fine just dallas :( looks so sexy aswell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 10:36:30 pm »
Has the scenery being added to the Scenery Library ?

It should, perhaps you've seen any kind of error messages during the installation, most likely about your scenery.cfg having errors. In that case, the installation hasn't completed, and no scenery files have being copied.

In this case, you need to fix your scenery.cfg first, before installing again.

pagio88

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 06:53:34 am »
it is in my scenery list

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 10:46:32 am »
Do you have Dallas in the list of airports in the Addon Manager ?

pagio88

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 04:13:22 pm »
no sir , but its in the scenary libary , but not in the addon manger

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 08:16:17 pm »
no sir , but its in the scenary libary , but not in the addon manger

So, that's confirm you are still stuck with the previous version, that's why you don't see Dallas in its menu, and you don't see the scenery.

Since the installer automatically downloads the latest version from the internet as soon as it start, you don't have to worry about getting the old version by mistake UNLESS you installed another older product (a Cloud9 installer, maybe ?) after installing KDFW, which replaced the Addon Manager with an older version.

With no antivirus installed, it's just not possible the new version have been blocked so, either you replace it yourself, or you ran another installer after KDFW, that overwrote it.

Reinstall KDFW, don't touch anything, and the scenery will surely appear.

pagio88

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 06:08:25 pm »
so what your telling me is basically install it again ? i tried and still no luck

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 07:54:06 pm »
so what your telling me is basically install it again ? i tried and still no luck

Sorry, but that's just not possible. Are you really SURE you don't have any antivirus installed ? Because, an antivirus blocking the new version, is the only way you could be getting an old version (No Dallas in the Addon Manager menu=Old version) with the KDFW installer.

It can't be a connection problem because, if there's a connection problem (like a firewall) the installer will take a local copy of its files and, in case of KDFW, they are the same of the one that are online so, they DO have Dallas in the Addon Manager menu. And, in any case, you would get a warning if there was no internet connection during the installation and, as I've said, it won't matter in case of KDFW, because its installer contains the latest version anyway so, it doesn't even need the internet connection to get the latest files.

So, that leaves only the antivirus blocking the new version, and leaving the old one in place, unless you have some other kind of security software which is not an antivirus, but is blocking the new files anyway.