Author Topic: Runway Textures invisible  (Read 5641 times)

rakitic10

Runway Textures invisible
« on: August 16, 2010, 10:50:45 am »
Hey,
I've got some problems with the FSDT-scenery of KORD:

When I LAND in Chicago O'Hare, some runway textures are missing, I do not know why, they are simply missing so that I had to land on ground a couple of days ago.
The same phenomenon crops up in Zurich as another member of a German FS-forum told me. However, this problem, he said, even appears when he takes off at Zurich. Moreover, many textures are missing, as you can see it in those screens, the other member posted yesterday:
http://forum.eulenandfriends.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=178237#post178237

Therefore I want to ask you whether the problem is popular and whether there is/will be a patch avoiding such problems.

Thanks for your attention.

Sincerely,
N.Erdmann

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Runway Textures invisible
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 11:09:16 am »
Nobody else has ever reported a problem with runway textures at O'Hare.

In the screenshot posted on that forum, I don't see anything related to a runway texture. Instead, the car parking is missing, which is also not normal and, nobody else reported it before.

When a problem with missing buildings happens, it usually means there's a problem with the Addon Manager not running, and that is almost always a problem with the antivirus. But in that case, you won't see ANY buildings, not just one missing.

Under FS9, it's much simpler than FSX, since are no Simconnect issues, either the Addon Manager runs or it doesn't and, if it doesn't, you wouldn't see its menu, and no building will show and surely not just on landing, but even at start.

Could be you have installed FlyTampa Midway after O'Hare ? If yes, there's a problem with that scenery, that a .BGL that comes with it that is used to improve fps at Midway by excluding jetways at the default O'Hare, excludes some of our buildings so, it shouldn't be used. Our installer removes it if it finds it but, if you install Midway after FSDT O'Hare, you need to remove the file manually. It's called kord_tweak.bgl, in the FlyTampa Midway scenery folder.

Also, if you have AES, check that is properly installed, and try with or without it, and see if it makes any difference.

rakitic10

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 06:51:59 pm »
It is obvious that the screens posted in that forum have nothing to do with my runway-texture-problem. I only want to say, that there seem to be some problems IN GENERAL concerning missing textures.
Yes, I installed Fly Tampa Midway after O'hare. I will reinstall both sceneries or even leave midway out.
It is also important that my problems only cropped up when I landed there, today I took off at KORD as test and: no problems. So I will see whether the problem will be solved or not.
Thx for the quick reply :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 07:52:08 pm »
It is obvious that the screens posted in that forum have nothing to do with my runway-texture-problem. I only want to say, that there seem to be some problems IN GENERAL concerning missing textures.[/uote]

No, there isn't any general missing texture problem at KORD, otherwise we would have heard it here.

It wasn't so obvious, since the screenshot you posted didn't show any disappearing textures (runways or otherwise), it showed, instead, a missing building, which is very different than a missing texture. If you had a missing texture, the building would have appeared in grey, and a missing texture is a very different problem than a missing building which, if it's just a single or some random buildings disappearing, it's always created by another scenery in conflict, which is excluding it.

Yes, I installed Fly Tampa Midway after O'hare. I will reinstall both sceneries or even leave midway out.

There's no need to uninstall and reinstall anything, if you have FT Midway, be sure to remove the kord_tweak.bgl from its scenery folder.