Author Topic: My ground troubles  (Read 5825 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
My ground troubles
« on: August 12, 2010, 08:38:41 pm »
Hi there Virtuali,

Im sorry if this issue has been posted before. I really havent been following the topics here for this scenery, which is good cause Im not having any major issues at all with it. I do have one issue that I dont think has been posted here before. The picutres will show the issue better than I can explain it. My mesh setting are 38m and texture resolution is 2m. I do not have any other meshes for the area, and I believe I have deleted all other exisiting afcads for the dfw airport. I am also using the afcad DMullert provided.

The other small issue that Im having is that when I turn on the progressive taxi option, it doesnt show up.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:41:11 pm by bkircher »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: My ground troubles
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 08:43:51 pm »
My mesh setting are 38m and texture resolution is 2m.

38m it's not enough, as was mentioned in other threads and in the manual (if you downloaded the original full installer 1.0, you need the missing pages that can be downloadable from the top of the forum), the Mesh settings should be:

- Mesh Resolution = 10m or better
- Mesh Complexity = 100

The texture resolution, instead, doesn't really change much but, you might want to set it higher (1m or 60 cm), to have better ground clarity.

The other small issue that Im having is that when I turn on the progressive taxi option, it doesnt show up.

This it's normal, if you have a too low Mesh resolution. It won't go entirely away in some critical areas, but it will improve with the Mesh at 10m

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 08:57:16 pm »
The texture resolution, instead, doesn't really change much but, you might want to set it higher (1m or 60 cm), to have better ground clarity.

The reason I dont have it set any higher is because I get massive blurries. I dont know how to get rid of them. The textures for me load increadibly slow in the simulator. My mesh complexity setting is at 85. Does this setting affect performance in terms of fps?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 09:09:08 pm »
The reason I dont have it set any higher is because I get massive blurries. I dont know how to get rid of them. The textures for me load increadibly slow in the simulator.

You might try increasing the texture resolution to 1m, and putting down the Global Max Texture size instead, because this will lower your VRAM consumption immediately.

My mesh complexity setting is at 85. Does this setting affect performance in terms of fps?

Not really.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 09:23:24 pm »
You might try increasing the texture resolution to 1m, and putting down the Global Max Texture size instead, because this will lower your VRAM consumption immediately.

Wouldnt that in the big picture lower the quality of my textures???

Not really.
Ok was just asking! Thanks for the quick replies!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 09:41:43 pm »
Wouldnt that in the big picture lower the quality of my textures???

Theoretically yes, but only if your system can handle the maximum res. If you are seeing lot of blurries, it means it's struggling so, by reducing the texture size, you put less strain on the system, and maybe get less blurries, so the overall quality will increase.

The equation of "sliders to the right=better visual quality" is not always right, sometimes you might have to decrease a setting, to improve quality.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 10:30:55 pm »
Ya I understand. THats one of the mysteries of FSX I think.

Thanks for the help Virtuali.