Author Topic: Airplane gear sinking into ground and light issues  (Read 4660 times)

ccloutier

Airplane gear sinking into ground and light issues
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:27:07 pm »
 Hi,

I had a few questions about the product before I decide to buy it. I have purchased many of your scenery's already and have not run into the issues I am having with the demo of Dallas. The runway lights at night appear fine when looking at them straight on. However, when I look at them from the side as I would be looking at the side of the plane the appear as if they are not round and just some thin blocks. The landing gear of all my aircraft also sinks into the ground and I cannot see a progressive taxi line. I noticed that when the demo expired that my gear appeared normal on the ground and I could see the progressive taxi line. I do not have any megascenery or any other add-ons installed in the Dallas area so their should not be a conflict with just the default FSX scenery. Is their an issue with the textures that possibly make up the scenery or is it because it is the demo? I followed the correct settings from the manual for my display. If you have any solutions let me know because I don't want to purchase something that is not working correctly. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airplane gear sinking into ground and light issues
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 12:00:15 am »
The Trial version is exactly like the full version so, you'll not see any difference, when purchasing.

KDFW it's a *different* scenery than everything else on the market, and very different fom our previous ones. Different, also, in the fact that it runs faster and looks better.

However, there are some specifics:

- Runway lights and PAPIs had to be made custom so, they are not the standard FSX type. Which means, yes, the'll not be rounded when seen from a side because, for obvious performance reasons, they ARE thin blocks! However, note that in reality, you wouldn't be able to see much of the runway lights from the side, because they are directional so, it's not that unrealistic.

- The ground is made in a very different way, which is what gives the scenery that performance edge (it would have been probably *half* the fps, if it was done in a traditional way, and it would looked far more blurred), but there might be some unusual effect on the ground, like the progressive line not appearing everywhere.

In any case, to know if your problems are to be expected and by design OR you also ALSO having issues like conflicting sceneries, mesh, etc., it might be useful if you could post a screenshot, possibly with lat/lon coordinates visible so, at least we can check if what you see it's how the scenery is supposed to look like (considering how it's done), or you are having another problem.