Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. I am quite new at this AFCAD business, so I'm doing what I can at the moment and learning as I go. A couple of explanations:
1. I used EGF instead of AALX for the ATR parking spots because otherwise I would have CRJ's and ERJ's parking where the ATR's park, so in order to avoid that issue, I labeled my Eagle ATR's as EGF's instead of AALX's and since American Connection does not fly to DFW it works well - I forgot to explain that logic in my previous e-mails. I will try your method of assigning different radius's to differnet aircraft to see how that works with the ATR's and the rest of the Eagle fleet. If it works that way then I'll update the rest - as you can imagine, taking this approach is very time consuming, but worth the try.
Yes, it's time consuming, but it's the right way. I understand your thought process with EGF vs AALX, but OTHER people should not have to change their aircraft cfg's around for one airport AFCAD. That's the reason for the standard, so the same aircraft park in the correct commuter parking no matter what airport they fly into. FSDT did this part correctly by listing the commuter flights parking spaces as AALX (not the correct radius though). Remember, 3 different airlines that fly for American Eagle, you have Executive Airlines operating ATR72's, and American Eagle and Chautauqua operating ERJ's and CRJ's for American Eagle and American Connection.
2. Regarding the parking radius stuff you explain, it makes sense, however I used the AFCAD produced by FSDT and kept all of the gate radius's alone (did nto touch them), except for a couple of gates on terminal A and C that had "Heavy Gates" denomination, which I switched to Medium Gates in order to prevent 777's from parking there, which would be a bit unrealistic.
That's the point, whoever made the AFCAD for FSDT did it by the FS9 standard, not the FSX standard which is HARD CODED into the sim. So by what you are telling me, an FSX AI 777 aircraft in your AFCAD could then park in ANY AAL parking spot that has a radius of 31m or more, virtually all of your AAL parking spots
. 31M is the wingspan of the B772. If you want the planes to park so they have enough room, make your Heavy Gates at 31M for the 777, your Heavy gates for the B763 at 26M, the Meduim Gates for the B752 at 21M, and the Small gate at 18M for the B738 and MD80 series (technically you could go down to 17M for the MD80's if you wanted to be more particular).
3. I have already included Martinair Cargo on a release coming up later today under the code MPHC, and Ameriflight had already been included under the code AMF in the cargo section across from the AAL hangars, close to the UPS ramp.
Wrong Martinair Cargo, I am talking about Martinaire
Cargo, which operates for UPS as a feeder cargo airline flying Cessna 208's. Parking code MRA, call sign Martex.
4. Gate E15 I just fixed, so it will be included in my upcoming update later.
5. Helicopter starting position added near the GA ramp as requested by Sean above.
6. I've been tempted to add the jet blast barriers that are missing from the FSDT scenery, but since I'm not sure when and if FSDT will release an update that would include the barriers, I decided to hold off on those for now. I speak specifically about the barriers at the end of runways 35L and 35C that were recently added. Depending on the signal we get from virtuali will depend on whether I add those in a future release or not.
7. Champion Air was taken off as it is now deceased.
8. The aircraft parking codes I am using are the codes from ADE, so I am hoping those guys are staying on par with the "FSX Commuity" currently used codes.
I understand that EGF is the correct ICAO code, however, like it was previously said, the AI standard is to use the X code at the end of the AAL, DAL, COA, UAL commuter airlines since several different carriers fly for these commuters.
Not trying to be a pain here Dennis, just trying to help out with consistent standards in the community so you can make the best AFCAD possible.
PS. If anyone is interested in some Martinaire Flightplans, you can download them from my flight plan section over at AIG here. http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=9025.30
. I use the screen name Regulate at AIG. Hope this helps.