Author Topic: Activation of this thing **solved**  (Read 6620 times)

miguel

Activation of this thing **solved**
« on: August 07, 2010, 04:18:32 pm »
Hi. Have purchased. Am trying to get full activation. Have read how to do this. Still in demo mode.
1. Firewall and so forth -turned off
2. block pops up for question about insert of serial #, I click ok, nothing happen. I don't see where to insert number.
3. What is reinstall? Take this off of computer, then install for activaton?
4. I am MAD!
I hope to get help for this >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:27:15 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Activation of this thing
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 04:21:36 pm »
1) Select the Addon Manager from the Addons menu

2) Select Fsdreamteam on the left, Dallas on the right

3) Click "Register Serial", a dialog will open asking for your Serial Number

4) Type your Serial Number, press OK, and let it activate.

If FSX returns to flight after pressing OK, it means you typed the Serial wrong.

miguel

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 05:08:44 pm »
Click "Register Serial", a dialog will open asking for your Serial Number- I hav done this over and over and over and over and over,over, over again. No dialog open up. Nothing pop up for place for to enter serial #
I try window mode. Clik addon manager. Screen goes black. Nothin happen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 05:13:05 pm »
I try window mode.

You shouldn't have the option of trying anything else. If you were running in Full screen, you should have seen an alert that the activation dialog works only in Windowed mode, asking you to retry the procedure once in Windowed mode.

Have you seen such alert ?

If not, it means you don't have the current version of the Addon Manager, which can't normally happen, since the installer always automatically gets it online BUT, if your antivirus has blocked it, you might be stuck with the old version.

miguel

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 05:47:07 pm »
Yes I have seen alert you mention.  Is there solution to thes problem? I have firewall and so forth off as I write before. If no solution: REFUND of money paid then. Scenrey is half ass not full. Why pay and have no satifaction. >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 05:54:12 pm »
Yes I have seen alert you mention.  Is there solution to thes problem? I have firewall and so forth off as I write before. If no solution: REFUND of money paid then. Scenrey is half ass not full. Why pay and have no satifaction.

Stop, calm down, and don't be too quick...

1) The scenery and the activation WORKS, otherwise lots of people wouldn't be able to use it...

2) Which means, something is not right or unusual on your system.

3) We WILL find it out what is it, and you WILL have it working

Now, let's start from scratch...

What OS are you using ?

Are you using some flight sim addon that "steals" the main FSX window focus ? Like atc program, atc chat windows, or anything like that ?

It might be the registration dialog IS there, but (because of another addon interfering) it's simply *behind* the main FSX so, you only see a black screen. Try if it comes out with ALT+TAB, or if you see its icon in the Taskbar.

miguel

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 06:30:25 pm »
Thank you. Scenery is full now. There was atc in background. I shut it down. Was able to do serial #
I have another question: For thes type of scenery, what is best settings? Heavy autogen etc etc?
Thank you again for helping.