Author Topic: Updated KDFW AFCAD fro FSX - Further refinements  (Read 8418 times)

DMullert

Updated KDFW AFCAD fro FSX - Further refinements
« on: August 07, 2010, 08:03:44 pm »
Hello team!

I did some additional work on the AFCAD file posted this morning with some further enhancements.  Here it is.  For those of you who downloaded my earlier version and to the forum administrator, please replace the earlier version with this one.  Hope this helps!  Enjoy everyone.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

FlyAAJets

Re: Updated KDFW AFCAD fro FSX - Further refinements
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 11:24:35 pm »
I'm seeing North American 763 in FSX @ Term E gate 18 or 19. Just left the west ramp and
saw the real life 763 @ Term B gate 30.

Also, is there a way to get arrivals on 17C instead of flooding 17L? I have no action on 17C.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:32:54 pm by FlyAAJets »

DMullert

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 01:30:06 am »
Hmmm Interesting about the 17C arrivals.  I'm going to look into it and report back.  North American switches gates frequently on Terminal B based on gate availability, so I'm not surprised by your observation.  Will enable those gates for NA as well.

Thanks!

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

duckbilled

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 05:58:46 am »
I just had my first flight in to DFW. I am using you AFCAD. The approach data seems to be missing or something. ATC gave me RWY18R VISUAL. There are no approaches in the default GPS for any runways.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 07:34:55 am »
Hi Dennis.

Thanks for all the work you put into this ADE.

I have a couple questions however. When you run the fault finder it reveals that some of the addon parking spots are "orphans" which as I understand, if a new a/c is spawned to that parking spot it will never be able to leave since the link isn't connected. There were also a few other faults that ADE revealved, beside the taxiway ones which can be ignored, so I tough you ought to know in case you make another revised one.

Also, I mentioned it before, but the parking codes for WOAI users for North American are NAO and for the WOAI Omni Air is OAE. Maybe in the next update you can include those codes as well in case anyone is using those two packages from WOAI.

Thanks again.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 07:52:31 am »
Did you purposly leave the egf gates on the far side of the airport facing the taxiway??? I have jetway points for the 145s when they park there, and so the jetway tries to extend to it.

Also gate e36 the jetway is in the ground for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 10:22:13 am »
I just had my first flight in to DFW. I am using you AFCAD. The approach data seems to be missing or something. ATC gave me RWY18R VISUAL. There are no approaches in the default GPS for any runways.

This is the reason:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3378.msg29305#msg29305

DMullert

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 04:38:34 pm »
Hell BKircher!

Yes.  American Eagle parks the ATR's on gates 1-8 on Terminal B.  The ATR's park facing out towards the taxiway at an angle.  Also, in order to keep the 145's and CRj's from parking on the ATR gates, I coded the ATR's as EGF and the 145's and CRJ's as AALX (or vice versa).

Hope this helps!

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

duckbilled

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 05:55:28 pm »

This is the reason:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3378.msg29305#msg29305

Thanks. Can I use this AFCAD without losing the approach data or going in to ADE and editing the .XML data? I just want to replace the AFCAD and it didn't work before. Has something been fixed with this file.

Thank you for doing the updated AFCADs but I am not clear on whether I can just replace the FSDT default without losing the approach data.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 08:18:20 pm »
Hell BKircher!

Yes.  American Eagle parks the ATR's on gates 1-8 on Terminal B.  The ATR's park facing out towards the taxiway at an angle.  Also, in order to keep the 145's and CRj's from parking on the ATR gates, I coded the ATR's as EGF and the 145's and CRJ's as AALX (or vice versa).

Hope this helps!

Dennis D. Mullert

Ok thanks. Ill have to look at the aircraft parking spot size for just the atrs and make the gate size just big enough so only the atr will park there.
Thanks for the reply too!

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 05:25:00 am »
Im not getting a progressive taxi to show up. Not sure why. Any suggestions.

Brian S

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 05:29:27 am »

Yes.  American Eagle parks the ATR's on gates 1-8 on Terminal B.  The ATR's park facing out towards the taxiway at an angle.  Also, in order to keep the 145's and CRj's from parking on the ATR gates, I coded the ATR's as EGF and the 145's and CRJ's as AALX (or vice versa).

Dennis D. Mullert

Dennis,

If I may a few suggestions.  First of all, FYI, the ATR's park at Terminal B, gates 28-39, not 1-8.  A quick look here will show you where the ATR's enplaned and deplaned all day today.  http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do

When making an AFCAD for the masses, it is important to be consistent, and uses codes that most people do.  You can control the ATR's vs the ERJ American Eagle parking by simply making the parking spot radius the correct size.  Both the default AFCAD and I believe yours use FS9 radius style parking.  However, for FSX, the parking size is significantly smaller.  See this chart.  http://www.flightsimx-fanatics.com/FlightSim/FSXWingSpanValues.htm.   So, if you want the ATR's to park in 28-39, simply make the radius 14, and for the ERJ's 11.  They will now all park in the correct places without changing parking codes as long as they are labeled properly in the first place (and if the wing spans are correct on the AI plane).

Thanks for your efforts.
Hope this helps.

Brian S.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 05:30:59 am by sssummer »