Author Topic: No buildings.  (Read 4061 times)

Yoan

No buildings.
« on: August 11, 2010, 10:19:16 pm »
Hi. after the install of DFW I no longer have buildings at any fsdreamteam airports and my AES no longer have jetways. I've tried many things, uninstalling all fsdreamteam and AES multiple times and just installing DFW but nothing seems to work.  My addon manager dont appear in my FSX Menu either. Please help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:38:48 am »
As usual, the first think to do, is to check the antivirus:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered plugins" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Yoan

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 04:13:28 am »
Hi Umberto. I tried that and still no solution.  My antivirus and firewall were complete shutdown. Addon manager still dont show in my fsx menu and obviously no buildings, when I installed dfw again it said something about the dll.xml and it replaced it with a new one but no solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 09:50:44 am »
when I installed dfw again it said something about the dll.xml and it replaced it with a new one but no solution.

Ok, that means your DLL.XML was already corrupted before installing KDFW. But this shouldn't be the issue, because the installer will create a correct file in any case, when it founds a corrupted one.

You don't recall getting a Trust request from the Addon Manager, the first time you launched FSX ? Maybe you replied "no" by mistake.

Try to reset the Trust question:

- Open your FSX.CFG file, located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, with Notepad.

- Look under the [Trusted] section, and remove ALL the lines that contains a reference to bglmanx.dll and ALL lines that contains a reference to Couatl.exe. The whole line. Save the file back, don't launch FSX yet.

- Launch FSX. At the request to Trust the Addon Manager, reply YES, to both question, the one by Windows and the one by FSX itself.