Author Topic: KDFW Initial feedback and constructive comments for a possible update.  (Read 4670 times)

DMullert

Hello Team!

I have to say that this is one of the most incredible scenery packages I have ever purchased for FSX and I am truly grateful for this release as this is my home airport.  I have already created a customized AFCAD for FSX which I posted in the forum for everyone's enjoyment and I just finished fine tuning that same AFCAD file with additional things and will post it here shortly for everyone to download it if you wish.  I have also observed some minor things that could perhaps be enhanced in a possible future update of the scenery - here it goes:

1.  I believe that the Delta logo no longer exists in the old Delta Cargo building that sits across from Terminal E.  Now a days you can observe the World Airways MD11 parked there every once in a while but that's it.  Delta logo has to go - I believe.

2.  There are two brand new jet blast barriers that have been installed behind the threshild of runways 35L and 35C that are missing in the scenery.

3.  Windsocks are missing all throughout the airport.  At least I have not yet seen one.

4.  The General Aviation parking area is missing the small building/FBO building and some equipment.  This area is also missing the jet blast barriers that sit in the spots where Champion Air parks it's 727's.

5.  The de-icing trucks and equipment is missing from the large open area left of runways 36L and 36R.  We do use de-icers in Dallas in the winter.  :-)

7.  The parking guidance system depicted in the scenery package is the very old guidance system that used to exist in DFW years ago.  Now a days the airport has been enhanced with the electronic version/lightghted version that guides the pilot to turn left or right or stay centered.   Not sure if this was done this way to save frame rates or and enhance performance or if it was just overlooked.

8.  The taxiway centerline lights are allright but whenever there is a curve, the lights curve at right angles and as a result you don't know you need to turn until it's too late or the turn is upon you.   It would be beneficial if these lights could curve so the pilot can know in advance that there is a turn coming up, or where the turn is.  Just wondering, why did FSDT make these lights appear so large in size?

9.  Jet blast barriers behind the parking area over in the East AAL maitenance hangars are also missing.

Other than that, this is the best scenery out there for FSX.

Keep them coming FSDT and Thanks!

Sincerely,

Dennis. D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KDFW Initial feedback and constructive comments for a possible update.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 08:05:44 pm »
7.  The parking guidance system depicted in the scenery package is the very old guidance system that used to exist in DFW years ago.  Now a days the airport has been enhanced with the electronic version/lightghted version that guides the pilot to turn left or right or stay centered. 

Will check your other items later, and reply to that but, this is surely wrong: we have ALL the 92 SafeDock A-VGDS systems, which were installed in 2008 at Terminals A, C and D, fully working and active.

Terminals B and E, feature the old parking system.

skyyking

Re: KDFW Initial feedback and constructive comments for a possible update.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:25:00 pm »
Not sure which is which. When going straight to the gate during start, I was parked at D terminal, specifically D14 or 16 on my PDMG 747. I saw the guidance say too far when very close to the sign. I backed up (shift-P), it turns to stop with feet guidance. Have not see left turn or right turn because I have yet to taxi to the gate so I am not sure if this is old or new. It was helpful to see the guidance.