Author Topic: Progressive Taxi Line?  (Read 11288 times)

9Y-POS

Progressive Taxi Line?
« on: August 07, 2010, 04:51:55 pm »
OK so I'm running in demo mode w/ the updated afcad and I'm still not getting "progressive taxi lines" in may appear some times but for the most part it's not existent.
Hoping to have this resolved before i purchase, don't want a repeat experience like PHNL, which  i had to shelve because there was never a fix for the bleeding texture issue.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Progressive Taxi Line?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 04:56:51 pm »
This issue doesn't have anything to do with the PHNL bleeding problem (which we still can't replicate, BTW), but it's a consequence of the fact the ground is made using FSX shaders, which is not entirely compatible with the progressive taxi line.

There's no way to fix it, it's either this, or it's back to FS9 ground, and the horrible fps penalty that comes with it.

9Y-POS

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 05:27:29 pm »
I didn't know that!  Maybe when it's AES compatible I'll be able to find my way around :-)
I know that this issue isn't the same as PHNL, i was just saying....funny though that there were quite a few of us w/ that issue at PHNL and you guys couldn't figure out the cause. Sill hoping that it gets rectified though especially with the impending release of the other Hawaii Airports.

Regards

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 06:09:28 pm »
Maybe when it's AES compatible I'll be able to find my way around :-)

You could follow the runway signs, like the real pilots do.  LOL!   :D
Joking aside, just run with a little higher percentage of AI.  With an airport that large, you'll always have someone in front of you.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

curt1

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 06:33:22 pm »
There's a website I use, www.airportterminalmaps.com that helps me know how gates are set up in many airports.  Unfortunately, they don't have a complete layout for KDFW.  If anybody knows of any other sites that depict terminal maps, please fill me in.

Curt

9Y-POS

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 06:52:00 pm »
Maybe when it's AES compatible I'll be able to find my way around :-)

You could follow the runway signs, like the real pilots do.  LOL!   :D
Joking aside, just run with a little higher percentage of AI.  With an airport that large, you'll always have someone in front of you.

That's funny but i understand completely, lol. Although I should really learn how to do that "follow the signs"  ;D

ESzczesniak

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 12:44:30 am »
www.airnav.com

For DFW spefically try this: http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/1008/06039AD.PDF

This, combined with the clearly readable taxiway markings in the FSDT sceneries, is the way real pilots do it.

I'll admit to being lazy and using progressive taxi at times myself.  Of course, when I almost exclusively fly out of FSDT and FlyTampa level airports, there's a limited number and you get to know your way around.

curt1

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 04:01:42 am »
I have the taxiway maps, but there are very few GATE maps.  Following the signs is what I do, but it gets difficult if you don't know the layout of the gates.  For example, at KDFW A6 is far north, and B36 is also far north.  Some airports go even and odd in gate placement, or here it's sequentially numbered in order.  Terminal (gate) maps help where the airport diagram stops, but I can't find them on the net. 

Curt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 08:04:31 am »
The gate map was supposed to be included in the manual, but we left it out by mistake. There's a small PDF with the missing page posted on this forum.

hartson

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 07:17:41 pm »
I've been pleased with my purchase of DFW as I have with all of my FSD add-ons.

Although I understand the issue about the textures and the progressive taxi lines, this is a big and complex airport, and at night (even with FSC) it's going to be 'fun' getting to the right place.

Progressive Taxi may be for the 'lazy' but I'd personally regret it if it goes missing from FSX add-ons going forward.

However as I said, a nice airport and it fills a much needed FSX scenery hole!

curt1

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 09:12:22 pm »
Umberto, I really like those gate maps!  They are very well done, and complete the addon.  Thank you, and if you want to provide those for your previously released airports, I'll happily download them.  ;D

Curt