Author Topic: KDFW Enhanced AFCAD file for FSX Available here  (Read 33662 times)

DMullert

KDFW Enhanced AFCAD file for FSX Available here
« on: August 07, 2010, 03:46:37 pm »
Hello Team!

I must have been one of the first lucky ones to purchase this scenery yesterday because I spent most of the afternoon updating the AFCAD file with ADE.  I run it in FSX and I'm not sure if my work would work on FS9, so for now, this for FSX users only.  I updated the file to inclde the following:

1. Accurate cargo parking with current operator designations at all cargo areas.  So, all cargo spots will now be utilized by the appropriate cargo operator.
2. Accurate parking locations for Ryan, World, OAI, and the military transport charters.
3. Accurate parking locations and positions for the American Eagle ATR's versus the rest of the CRJ/ERJ fleet.
4. Activation of the parking locations at the AA hangars on the Eastern and on the Western parts of the airport.
5. Additional GA parking locations in the GA area.
6. Accurate CHampion Air and Sun Country parking positions.
7. Accurate overflow parking locations for AAL on terminals A, C, and D.
8. Accurate overflow parking locations for American Eagle on terminal B and on the Eagle hangar section.
9. Revision of parking/gate sizes n terminal A to prevent too many 777's from parking there - Most 777's park on Terminal D and/or in the Western AAL Hangar area.

Hope this helps!

Take care!

Dennis D. Mullert
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 03:46:57 pm by virtuali »
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

Denzel

• FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
Re: KDFW Enhanced AFCAD file for FSX Available here
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 06:59:42 pm »
Thanx for your contribution dude  ;D
EX - FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
Ryzen 9 5900X + MSI B550 Unify-X + GTX 3080Ti + 32Go DDR4 3200Mhz + MSI MPG341CQR 34"" On Win10 64Bits

HoneyCom Alpha & Bravo Equiped + Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack + Occulus Quest 2

anappy

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 07:36:37 pm »
What folder do I put this in after I download it?

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 01:43:45 am »
Thanks for all the hard work.

I was about to start a project like this last night myself but figured I better wait since someone else would beat me to it, lol.

I also added  in Terminal B    OAE - Omni Air and NAO - North American Airliners since I see those sitting at gates 28, 29, 30 in real life.

I saw some other codes for those gates as well, but they dont sync with the WOAI parking codes for those 2 airlines which use OAE and NAO, at least not on my system.

Thanks again.

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 02:29:04 am »
Hi,

Is it possible to fix the general parking area?. This is the problem I'm having.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3376.0

Thanks

bwells

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 09:01:58 am »
Hello what folder do you put this file into and thanks for the hard work.

Brett

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 09:37:34 am »
Hello what folder do you put this file into and thanks for the hard work.

Brett

Put it in FSX/FSDreamteam/KDFW/Scenery and make sure to remove the file in the same folder called AP_KDFW.bgl or leave it there and rename it AP_KDFW.bgl.bak (.bak for backup). Personally I like to remove mine and save it elsewhere in case for some reason you want to revert back to the default afcad.

AH-1W mech

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 06:02:11 pm »
thanks for the contrabution, quick question to all. Other than project AI's old package for American Eagle does anyone know of a more up to date package to include ATR operation at DFW and the removal of SAAB's from the operation.  I checked WOAI but no luck there all i saw was AA.

Thanks in advance all,

Brian S

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 01:05:55 am »
6. Accurate CHampion Air and Sun Country parking positions.

FYI, Champion Air has been out of business for over 2 years.  Thanks for the AFCAD.

DMullert

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 01:28:05 am »
Well!

Someone is flying their 727's.  I just took off from DFW 40 minutes ago (I am on my way to Mexico City with internet courtesy of GoGo), and I just saw one Champion 727 parked in ther GA ramp and another one in the overflow parking in ternminal B.

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

b742f

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 03:38:58 am »
nobody is flying them, they are stored.

DMullert

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 04:55:10 am »
Hey Big Al!

OK!  Don't want to argue over something like this, but obviously someone is either flying them or having fun moving them around DFW because both were there this afternoon.  Maybe it's possible that some company has leased them or bought them and they are in transit - who knows.

Later!

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

miguel

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 11:33:58 am »
Installed you update for Afcad: Airplanes in some spot turned sideway at gates. Jetways are coming to plane to unload passengers so imagine what is happen to look at thes. I remove you update.

Murf

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 06:35:59 pm »
Is this update still needed or desired with the latest FSDT update??? Not sure whether to install it or not with the latest update.   ???
Senior Master Sergent (retired)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 08:20:22 pm »
Is this update still needed or desired with the latest FSDT update??? Not sure whether to install it or not with the latest update.   ???

This is an optional AFCAD file that adds more parking and slightly more accurate parking locations, however it isn't necessary. Just make sure if you do use this one to save and remove the one that comes with the scenery called AP_KDFW.bgl so you dont have duplicates.

Also Dennis posted a newer one a few days ago here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3493.0

You can always try them and if they dont suit you just revert back to the default version. The latest default FSDT version is here in case you haven't gotten the latest: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3359.0