Author Topic: Texture Resizer Issue  (Read 7033 times)

mudhendriver

Texture Resizer Issue
« on: August 07, 2010, 02:48:06 pm »
Superb scenery! I have some stuttering with the 1024 textures so I ran the 512 resize batch as directed in the KDFW/textures folder (just like PHNL), and the result is it most of the .tga turn blank and therefore I have white textures at most of KDFW.  I attempted several reinstalls and running the .bat again, but get the same result.  I run UT and Megascenery for Dallas, but I put FSDT DFW above all of those in the scenery settings.  BTW the 1024 textures show up brilliantly. 

Please help.
Thanks!
Rich Perry

mudhendriver

Re: Texture Resizer Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 03:01:41 pm »
Here's what the DFW/texture folder looks like after I run batch.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/KemoF15/DFWtexturefolder.jpg

And, here's a pic of what KDFW looks like after 512 batch is run.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/KemoF15/FSDTkdfwresize.jpg
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 03:02:50 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 03:04:40 pm »
I see that you are still the .TGA files in the folder after the batch file ran. This shouldn't happen, because they are supposed to be removed at the end.

It seems it's a permission issue: your account can't probably write to that folder. Try to run the resizer "As Administrator". Of course, you need to start from a freshly installed scenery, with the 1024 textures in place.

mudhendriver

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 03:26:23 pm »
Ran as administrator--no change.  BTW your resizer for PHNL worked just fine for me.  I'm not sure what is going on with this batch...here's a pic of the command prompt box after I run the batch.exe:
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/KemoF15/DFWbatch.png
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 03:47:30 pm by virtuali »

jerel2k10

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 03:26:34 pm »
I did a texture resize but I am getting green grass (looks like the default fs9 grass) bleeding through some areas of the scenery.   I think this is caused by the texture resizer but I did not see this yesterday.  Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 04:07:06 pm »
here's a pic of the command prompt box after I run the batch.exe:

It says "Press a key to continue", have you done that, or you simply closed the Dos window ? If you closed the Dos window without pressing the key, it would't complete the process.

mudhendriver

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 08:17:48 pm »
That's it!!!...I was simply closing the command box...thanks Umberto for a great product and superb support.

Rich Perry