Author Topic: Still getting some ground texture bleed thru  (Read 49280 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Still getting some ground texture bleed thru
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2010, 10:42:07 am »
I finally got a chance to test it out and it fixed the landing light problem, except now there is a bump that extends across the aiport. Its not that big of a bump, but its enough to make a sound when you cross it and enough for the AI to smoke their wheels when the go over it.

That is what *fixed* the landing lights...we raise the elevated platform above the airport just a few cm, enough to fix the light and the wheel that was slightly sunken.

BTW, can you tell me exactly how far I need to fly from the airport to have bglmanx.com completely drop it out of scenery, that way when I fly back to it I will know its been completely reset if I have UT2 turned on.

After 16 nm, the whole scenery will be unloaded.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2010, 06:50:21 pm »
Just when I thought I had it all working ok I was wrong.

I hadn't had much time to use FSX in the last 2 days, but as you recall in the last post or two I said that the airport was working ok if on the initial load I started at DFW and flew somewhere or started at another airport around 60 miles away and flew to DFW with UT2 running. In both of those scenarios the airport loads fine with problems.

Today I got a chance to try what I said I was going to do the other day, start at DFW with UT2 running, fly to another airport around 60 miles away, land and return to DFW.

Unfortunately it didn't work out when I returned to DFW the ground on the west side was elevated and the AI were 1/2 buried.

Really I am stumped since I had gotten well outside the 16m range to get the airport to reload. For the life of me I dont know why I can start fresh at another location and fly here with UT2 running but if I start here and then return I cant get it to reload like it was when I originally started.

I put a few pics to show what I mean.

BTW, this was with the stock FSDT ADE file installed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2010, 07:28:56 pm »
That's clearly the same problem, with UT2 overflowing Simconnect with commands.

We ARE investigating the chance to make the ground using the same method (so, fully 3d, with shaders, etc) but not dependent of Simconnect, but we are still working on it, because it would require some hacking, but it might be possible that the "hacked" version might end up being more reliable than the "official" Simconnect.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2010, 11:33:07 pm »

We ARE investigating the chance to make the ground using the same method (so, fully 3d, with shaders, etc) but not dependent of Simconnect, but we are still working on it, because it would require some hacking, but it might be possible that the "hacked" version might end up being more reliable than the "official" Simconnect.

That's good news. Let me know if you want me to test anything for you since I am willing try about anything.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2010, 03:37:20 am »

I figured it was simconnect related.

The thing that I never understand with simconnect however, is why I can start at another airport with everything running and fly to DFW and its fine, but if I start at DFW fly somewhere outside the 16nm range and then return its not ok. I would assume that it would reset like it would if I had started else where. It's almost as if simconnect isn't letting go of the old informantion or something.

Oh well, I will wait and see if the other version your working on works better.

Thanks again.

Dicko

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2010, 04:04:59 am »

I'm watching this with interest. Hope yet for a reinstall of KDFW.

Andrew Dixon
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:52:12 am by Dicko »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2010, 07:06:25 am »
Umberto,

For the heck of it, I started a thread over at the UT2 forum http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=7969 to see if they have any ways I can test UT2 to see why it is clobbering simconnect.

In the mean time, I know it hasn't been that long, but how is the other idea comming that you mentioned to render the ground without being dependant on simconnect? If you want me to test anything let me know.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2010, 10:08:32 am »
In the mean time, I know it hasn't been that long, but how is the other idea comming that you mentioned to render the ground without being dependant on simconnect?

We are working on it, as soon as we have news, we'll surely post it.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2010, 07:46:20 pm »
We are working on it, as soon as we have news, we'll surely post it.

Ok, thanks  ;D