Author Topic: Still getting some ground texture bleed thru  (Read 49298 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Still getting some ground texture bleed thru
« on: August 07, 2010, 07:15:54 am »
Umberto, I though that by setting my Mesh to 10m it fixed the problems I was having but I was wrong. I attached some pics. Seems like the bleed thru is in the same places. I also tried disabling MegaScenery Dallas and was faced with the same bleed thru, except that instead of bleeding thru the MegaScenery Dallas photo textures, it bleeded thru the GEX ground textures.

Not sure what else to try. I tried increasing my Mesh to even lower than 10m which if I remember right was 5m, but that didn't help.

Would changing the elevation of the airport help at all, maybe by a foot or so? I will wait until I hear back from you before I change the ADE file, but in the mean time I am out of ideas. I attached the best pics I could but its hard to capture the bleed thru becasue it comes in flashes and therefore is hard to capture.

Thanks

BTW, the first pic of the exterior of the helicopter was taken at one of the fuel boxes. There are some areas like that one where the a/c sink into the ground a little bit. However I dont mind a little ground sink if it will prevent the underlying textures from bleeding thru.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:32:32 am by cmpbllsjc »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Still getting some ground texture bleed thru
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 09:44:19 am »
Umberto,

While you were sleeping last night I did some further testing to see if I could eradicate the texture bleed thru.

Here's what I found, running mesh at 10m and at full mesh complexity didn't have an effect on the areas in the pics I posted.

I closed FSX and renamed the file in the FSDreamteam/KDFW/Scenery folder mesh.bgl to mesh.bgl.bak then ran the sim again to see if that made a difference. What I found was that it eliminated the texture bleed thru on the south end of the airport, but the texture bleed on the north side of the airport by the UPS ramp and north entrance still exists.

I am convinced now that this is some type of a mesh issue causing the bleeds and flickering ground because now it is only isolated to those two specific areas since I remaned the other mesh.bgl in your folder.

Attached are two pics showing were the texture bleeds are now.

I will check back in the morning to see what you have to say.

Thanks - Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:50:28 am »
I closed FSX and renamed the file in the FSDreamteam/KDFW/Scenery folder mesh.bgl to mesh.bgl.bak then ran the sim again to see if that made a difference. What I found was that it eliminated the texture bleed thru on the south end of the airport, but the texture bleed on the north side of the airport by the UPS ramp and north entrance still exists.

The mesh.bgl file is there just to fix any possible bleed-through. However, if removing it fixes (or change) the problem, apart from proving it IS someting mesh-related, it means this file is "losing" against some other mesh you might have installed. Which is odd, since it has an high enough resolution that should "win" over any other mesh out there. However, I'll check it better, perhaps there's some rounding error somewhere. It's nothing you can fix with the AFCAD, though, because it's a fight between the hi-res ground textures and the low-res photoreal background.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 09:54:24 am »
Thanks for the info. Well go to know that it is mesh related and narrows down the possible things that could be causing the problem.

The only after market mesh I have is the payware mesh for North America by Justin at FSGenesis. If you want I can try disabling that one particular mesh bgl that covers the area if you can tell me which file it resides is, that part I have no idea.

Thanks again for the help.

Aside from this little problem the airport is a wonder work of art :-)

petsumnets

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 03:26:48 pm »

Umberto, I though that by setting my Mesh to 10m it fixed the problems I was having but I was wrong. I attached some pics. Seems like the bleed thru is in the same places. I also tried disabling MegaScenery Dallas and was faced with the same bleed thru, except that instead of bleeding thru the MegaScenery Dallas photo textures, it bleeded thru the GEX ground textures.

I do have exactlly the same problem.

Idem about the pics attached above. Exactly the same.

??? ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 03:38:57 pm »
Umberto, I though that by setting my Mesh to 10m it fixed the problems I was having but I was wrong.

There are two different situations here:

1) You don't have any other mesh for this area:

- In this case, setting the mesh complexity to 10m or better IS still required, but it will surely fix the problem

2) You have another mesh that is taking precedence:

- In this case, you still have to set the complexity to 10 m, but it will not be enough to solve the problem, the other mesh should be probably disabled.

petsumnets

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 06:42:01 pm »
I don t have any third party mesh installed, only Mega SceneryX Dallas.

All set to the required settings.

It is as if two different layers of textures lay one on the other and for some reasons the "lower" texture layer "flickers" through the upper texture layer. With the Mega Scenery X installed, THIS particular texture layers breakes through the Dreamteam Texture layer, and without the Mega Scenery X installed, the default texture layer breakes, "flickers" through to the surface.

See pictures above.

So what can that be as it is NOT a MESH problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 07:24:33 pm »
See pictures above.

So what can that be as it is NOT a MESH problem?

Alright, but I see two different kind of pictures: normal view, and top-down view. On top-down view, I think it's normal what's happening, and we might have a different fix for it.

But, on normal views (in-cockpit or outside the airplane) it simply shouldn't happen.

Have you tried playing with video card settings ? Like, for example, setting everything at default in the video card control panel, and see if there's any difference ? Are you running in 32 bit color mode ?

petsumnets

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 07:46:04 pm »
I have a brand new PC and I do have the Nvidia GTX 275 installed with the latest drivers. No settings changed for the rest. So I guess it can't be a graphic driver issue, otherwise, if I de-install drivers, I go backwards and for the worse, not for the better.

Top down view and outside view of the plane do show the flickering. I have not been checking the "out-of-the-cockpit-down-the-airport-view".

I just wonder why only Dallas now has this problem and all the other Dreamteam airports don't.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 08:02:22 pm »
So I guess it can't be a graphic driver issue, otherwise, if I de-install drivers, I go backwards and for the worse, not for the better.

I haven't said to uninstall or change your drivers, I've said to set their control panel to the default settings. Can you try that ?

I just wonder why only Dallas now has this problem and all the other Dreamteam airports don't.

The way the ground is made, doesn't have anything in common with any other scenery we made so far.

petsumnets

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 09:52:26 pm »
putting the graphic cards settings to default only makes the flickering worse.

That's what I meant: changing things for the wprse.

Funny is: the "inside-the-cockpit-to the-outside-down-the-airport-view", there is indeed no flickering texture at all. Changing to the outside-view, no flickering neither. It it appears to be the worst if I navigate around with the DBS walk and follow function, up and down the area, it is a terrible flickering sight. The higher, the worse.

??? ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 10:14:40 pm »
So, if I understood correctly, you have flickering only when using Top-down view OR DBD Walk and Follow, but the normal in-cockpit views and the Spot plane external views are ok ?

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 10:32:07 pm »
Hi Umberto, even though you weren't addressing me I though I would chime in and answer for how I see the flickers.

I see them from in the cockpit and from spot view and locked spot using the default camera, but as I pointed before, only in those localized areas in the north side with the mseh.bgl renamed. I do see the flickers from top down view, but like you mentioned before thats normal and frankly I dont care about the top down view so much since I dont fly using it.

Anways, as far as the mesh issue are their any new developements today on it. I remember last night/this morning you said that you may check the rounding to see if there are any errors. Also if you can tell me which dem file in the FSX/Scenery/folder unknown/ to disable I can try it. I have folders named from 0000 to 1107 and have no idea which folder represents the Dallas area.

Thanks for the help so far. I look forward to getting those two areas to quit flickering. Last night I did find a few more things that are probably easy to fix so I will start a new thread for those.

Regards,

Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 10:41:25 pm »
I see them from in the cockpit and from spot view and locked spot using the default camera, but as I pointed before, only in those localized areas in the north side with the mseh.bgl renamed.

This seems to indicate, your problem is different, and looks like a problem of two conflicting sceneries. The problem petsumnets has, seems to be different, and I believe I know what might be.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 10:47:36 pm »
This seems to indicate, your problem is different, and looks like a problem of two conflicting sceneries. The problem petsumnets has, seems to be different, and I believe I know what might be.

Ok, should I just standby and wait while you and your team investigate the mesh?