Author Topic: Virus found in download of DFW by Norton  (Read 4570 times)

bugman38313

Virus found in download of DFW by Norton
« on: August 07, 2010, 03:01:32 am »
Hey just downloaded DFW and made it all the way through, when Norton ran a check on the download it said it had a virus attached and removed it immediatley from my download.  I am allowed so many Gigs a month on my download activity so 98 MB really puts a hurt on my download abilities as well as time, ran it again, same thing.  Is there a virus I have never had Norton do this before and it is very costly for me to try to download this scenery.  I want the scenery but if it is bad or has bug in it, can afford to have it.

Thanks,
David H.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Virus found in download of DFW by Norton
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 03:35:10 am »
There's no virus in the installer. Can you restore the file from your Norton quarentine?

Flight1 products always give my virus scanner a hard time as well so I just disable it when I download from them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Virus found in download of DFW by Norton
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 03:38:30 am »
You can be sure there's no virus in the installer. It's surely a false positive, which is not uncommon. Just disable the antivirus while downloading and installing.

After the installation, you might want to configure your antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe