Author Topic: Gangways on ground *Solved*  (Read 5368 times)

Ray

Gangways on ground *Solved*
« on: August 07, 2010, 02:44:47 am »
Anybody else having this little issue here? The gangways of gates B34 to B36/37 are lying and/or sinking into the ground, as if they'd fallen down. Please disregard the ominous aircraft position, I just slewed it there.  :P
I am using FSX Acceleration.

BTW... absolutely fantastic scenery!  ;D
Beats all previous of yours hands down. Especially performance-wise. *Two thumbs up*
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 11:01:12 am by Ray »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gangways on ground
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 02:48:09 am »
What are your Mesh complexity settings ? As explained in the manual, you have to put the slider at least at 10 m/pixel, if it's less, problems like this will happen.

Ray

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 03:04:34 am »
Alright, sorry for bothering Virtuali. Moving the mesh complexity slider to 10m/pixel solved the problem. Again, sorry, I am going to read the manual first.  :-X

A small sidenote: I noticed the skylink "rail" structure's polygon faces are not visible when viewed from below / or low elevations (like when standing on the apron). Not a show stopper, maybe even intentionally as one of the methods to increase performance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 03:39:38 am »
A small sidenote: I noticed the skylink "rail" structure's polygon faces are not visible when viewed from below / or low elevations (like when standing on the apron). Not a show stopper, maybe even intentionally as one of the methods to increase performance.

Exactly. Almost every object has been painstakingly edited to remove everything that is not really necessary, and it's not usually visible, from normal viewing positions.