Author Topic: Gate Numbers  (Read 8779 times)

Captain2000

Gate Numbers
« on: August 06, 2010, 11:22:27 pm »
Tremendous work as always! Thanks for giving us a new playground!  :)

One question however...where are the markings on the ground with the gate numbers? Missing from my FS9 install...

Thanks in advance!

Kelly

Mike...

Re: Gate Numbers
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 12:50:52 am »
Gate markings are quite different from the real ones as well. Terminal D is missing several on the inside, north and south side.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 12:55:55 am »
Gate markings are quite different from the real ones as well.

As usual, there's always a sound reason for this: some objects are reused, in order to save frame rate so, instead of having every single marking independently made, there's some repetition, which leads to difference with real world.

Numbers, instead, are really missing, we'll add them with the first patch.

Mike...

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 01:09:22 am »
Repetition isn't a problem, it's what is being repeated. I would've gone for something a little more realistic tailored to this specific airport.

Captain2000

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 01:31:34 am »
Numbers, instead, are really missing, we'll add them with the first patch.

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 01:35:29 am »
I would've gone for something a little more realistic tailored to this specific airport.

That's not how it works: you don't get to choose what to repeat and what not. In order to have an effect on performances, the most demanding items needs to be addressed first and, unfortunately, the ground layers are the most demanding stuff in the scenery.

Mike...

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 01:46:49 am »
How can I explain myself better. You repeated a triangle shaped gate marking, I would've repeated a more rectangle shaped one. Like in KDFW_DET10.bmp, the one on the left is featured more, but the one on the right is closer to the majority of gate markings at KDFW.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 01:50:31 am »
You repeated a triangle shaped gate marking, I would've repeated a more rectangle shaped one. Like in KDFW_DET10.bmp, the one on the left is featured more, but the one on the right is closer to the majority of gate markings at KDFW.

You are making it sound simpler than it is. In any case, THIS is not something that can be changed easily.

Mike...

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 01:52:48 am »
Fortunately, this is the least of my concerns. But perhaps you can keep it in mind for your next scenery.

;)