Author Topic: Mis-aligned taxiway lines and hold short nodes  (Read 14367 times)

Mike...

Re: Mis-aligned taxiway lines and hold short nodes
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 10:50:23 am »
Seems a couple of taxiway lights are out of whack there.

tompie

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 03:52:41 pm »
Correct.
Tompie

Mike...

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 06:56:48 pm »
one I do have on Rwy 17L

In a completely on topic reply, I think the below capture is related to the above quote, though I'm no tiling expert.

Noticed it during my last Afcad test before I'm off to another destination. Another thing I noticed, we really do overload the sim's AI engine, it has trouble coping.

;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 07:34:31 pm »
In a completely on topic reply, I think the below capture is related to the above quote, though I'm no tiling expert.

No, it's not exactly the same issue, although is related to it. This thread was about taxilines not perfectly aligned, and they were fixed at most places.

What you are seeing here is instead a seam between ground tiles which in fact might be exactly the opposite: the misaligned lines are usually a result to make seams less apparent so, when you realign a taxiline, the seam might become more apparent, and vice-versa.

This has been explained many times: the scenery IS made in tiles, and of course we have it *perfectly* aligned in our 3d source. But, for several reasons mainly related to rounding errors from the conversion between linear to spherical coordinates (meters into lat/lon), the end result in Flightsim is not exactly the same as modeled and this is (guess what) much worse in FS9, which suffers for a worse precision in handling vertex coordinates, compared to FSX. So, a seam that looked almost invisible in FSX, will be worse in FS9. And the problem is, by correcting the seam, there's a risk getting more misaligned lines back.