Author Topic: Mis-aligned taxiway lines and hold short nodes  (Read 14300 times)

Mike...

Mis-aligned taxiway lines and hold short nodes
« on: August 07, 2010, 12:02:53 am »
Like in KFLL (the last FSDT scenery I got), I have noticed some mis-aligned stuff, see the three captures here: http://img121.imageshack.us/g/capture002b.jpg/

A year later and I'm still waiting for a fix for KFLL.

I just finished my first trial period and wanted to know what you're planning to do about it if anything this time around. And doesn't this stuff come up during the beta test or don't you test the FS9 version anymore? (Is that our job now?)

Proceeding with another trial run... never had to do that before, but it has become a necessity with FSDT.

:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Mis-aligned taxiway lines and hold short nodes
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 12:14:41 am »
Your reference to the KFLL discussion, doesn't really get any point, since the explanation of the issue, which was valid there, is still valid here.

About fixing KFLL, I thought this was clear enough:

It's not a major problem, we'll probably look at it after the first two Hawaii sceneries will be released, since the developers is the same.

The first two Hawaii packages are still not released yet, so I'll say it again: "we'll probably look at it after the first two Hawaii sceneries will be released, since the developers is the same"

I just finished my first trial period and wanted to know what you're planning to do about it if anything this time around.

Since we have a Trial, you'll be able to purchase the scenery only when you feels it meets your expectations.

Note that, since the Trial is the same as the full scenery, it's obviously in our best interest to fix any problem found, in order to have the trial looking as best as possible, because otherwise it will hurt sales.

Mike...

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 12:26:28 am »
Quite the non-answer I've come to expect from you.

Guess there's no point in me starting a new topic about jetway positioning and how the same thing is in KDFW...

:-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 12:47:39 am »
Guess there's no point in me starting a new topic about jetway positioning and how the same thing is in KDFW...

Again, you posted a reference to an older post, which contains plenty of evidence that that wasn't a really a problem that had to be fixed in the first place, both because it didn't bother anyone else except you, and because the explanation of why it couldn't be fixed was quite enough.

I'll repeat it again: since the scenery comes in Trial version, if it doesn't meet your quality standards, don't buy it.

Mike...

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 01:20:15 am »
Forget about my quality standards, how about yours?

SirIsaac726

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 01:28:38 am »

They are a business.  If they are making sales and only a couple of people complain, it won't be worth fixing for them as they will still be making the money. ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 01:30:04 am »

Our quality standard doens't mean anything: the only ones that counts, are the one of the vast majority of users, that will decide to buy or not the scenery, thanks to the Trial.

So, if the scenery is really bad, it will show from bad sales which means, as I've said already, it's in our best interest trying to fix all problems, when it makes sense.

Besides, the fix for the misaligned line it's already done, I just need to find the time to upload it.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 01:37:15 am »
Besides, the fix for the misaligned line it's already done, I just need to find the time to upload it.

Very good to hear.  I hope to see it applied to other sceneries soon too (I recall seeing one near 8L and 4R in PHNL).

Mike...

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 02:08:19 am »
Not sure if you're doing just the one I showed, but just spotted another not so minor one (some I can live with).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 02:14:14 am »
The last screensot, it's a more complex problem so, we need more time to fix it. In the meantime, there's a fix for the 3 spots in your first message, which can be downloaded now.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:42:16 am by virtuali »

tompie

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 04:20:33 pm »
In addition to the misalignements hereabove I'd like to add to other minor ones:
one I do have on Rwy 17L, the other one at the crossing of Twy L and A.
See attachments, the circles are mine.
But nice scenery anyway, well done!
Tompie

kdfw

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 05:43:57 pm »
i'm amazed at the obsession of some.  who cares if the lines are a little off?   and the bad attitude. 

tompie

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 01:41:55 pm »
Hi Umberto, first of all I like to make clear that the info I give has no intention of negative critisism. I realize that the problem which I point out here can be something specific in my PC but also something of a bug in the scenery. If so, it can help to repair this in an update if FSDT thinks it's worthwile. Everyone will benefit from that. And that's what a support forum is for, isn't it?
Anyway, I found out that both the spots that I mention in the attachments of my earlier post are in fact aligned. I can "draw" an east-west line over the scenery roughly from Rwy 17L/35R at turn off Q6 to almost the crossing of Twy A with Rwy 18L/36R. It looks like the scenery south of this line has moved a little to the west. It is interesting that this stops at Rwy 18L/36R. From there everything is aligned correctly or not noticeable wrong. See again the attachments.
Please could you inform what you think about it.
Thanks,
Tompie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 01:46:21 pm »
We'll sure have a look at it.

tompie

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 10:29:58 am »
Thanks, Umberto. Btw, the same problem reported on the north side of the airport(see position on the attachment) then west up to
Twy F. Only ground textures, not the buildings(fortunately).
Tompie