Author Topic: Terminal D  (Read 28440 times)

abrinson

Re: Terminal D
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 07:05:14 am »
I'm not sure what that software is. I can't find it on the web either. Virtuali, can you help?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:38:57 am by abrinson »
Alexander Brinson

Travis

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 07:05:55 am »
Maybe you need to download the program that can scan for duplicate ADE's/AFCADS's. I dont remember what its called but I think its by ScruffyDuck and its free.

Sean, you're thinking of FSX Airport Scanner from http://www.downloadcenter.scruffyduck.org.uk/.

Alexander, this utility will search active (inactive on request) scenery folders and list duplicate airport scenery BGLs.  If you like, it can also "remove" airport BGLs by moving them to an unused folder.  (Easily restorable later.)

I don't think it would be useful for non-airport BGL files, but I run it after each install to sweep away the old.

OTOH, if you deleted a scenery file but you think the scenery still appears, could it be that you had the scenery cached??
travis@aivlasoft.com
travis@fscaptain.net

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 09:54:02 am »
That's surely looks like a default terminal buildings so, it's not coming from our scenery but, most likely, a duplicate AFCAD which is taking precedence.

First, be sure you have KDFW on Top of every other layer in the Scenery Library (which is where the installer puts it by default)

Then, use any of the already mentioned .BGL scanning tools, to find if you have other AFCADs files for KDFW. Note that, they usually come with AI traffic packs (like My Traffic, for example) so, you might have one, even if you don't recall having it installed yourself.

abrinson

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 03:28:34 pm »
I'm not sure what that is or where to get it. Any idea's anyone ??? ? Terminal D was the main reason I bought this.
Alexander Brinson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 03:30:54 pm »
If it's not Megascenery ( have you tried disabling it ? ) then it's surely another AFCAD for KDFW, see the above messages for instruction how to find it.

DMullert

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 03:37:26 pm »
Here is my recommendation:

1. Take all the files contained in the Addon Schenery folder and place them in a temporary folder.
2. Keep the Addon Scenery folder there - just empty.
3. Launch FSX/FS9 and take a look and see if the weird BLDG still appears.
4. If it still appears, you can place your Addon Scenery files back because that is nto where the problem lies.
5. If the buiding no longer appears, then you know that your problem lies in one of the files found inside the Addon Scenery folder and at that point you need to start adding the files back into FSX/FS9 little by little until you find the culprit.  It's a pain, but it's the only way I have solved these sort of issues before.
6. If the problem has nothing to do withthe Addon Scnery folder, you need to look inside of the Scenery/World/Scenery folder to see if there are any DFW files remaining there.  Also look inside your Scenery/Global/Scenery folder as well.  If all else fails, look for other scenery packages that may be active and that may have suspect files that could impact the DFW area.
7.  One more thing.............I had a similar issue happen to me recently with the KSEA airport, where this HUGHE Mammoth building would appear right smack inthe middle of the airport.  It turned out to be another scenery I downloaded from AVSIM for an airport in India that was causing the problem in Seattle, so, you may be looking at a witch hunt here.

Hope this helps!

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

abrinson

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 04:08:30 pm »
I did install some DAL runway thing, but I have no clue where to find it.
Alexander Brinson

abrinson

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2010, 08:31:35 pm »
Here is what I downloaded,: kdal_ade_rs_rs.zip. Do you know if that would be a problem?
Alexander Brinson

DMullert

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 09:36:25 pm »
Could very well be as it is an AFCAD file.

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

abrinson

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2010, 10:08:28 pm »
Do you know where the files would be stored?
Alexander Brinson

abrinson

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 03:03:07 am »
Allringt, there is Nothing in my Addon Scenery folder other than FlyTampa TNCM and VHHX. There is nothing that is relative to KDFW in the Scenery/Global folder either. Is it supposed to be like that.
Alexander Brinson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 10:26:17 am »
Allringt, there is Nothing in my Addon Scenery folder other than FlyTampa TNCM and VHHX. There is nothing that is relative to KDFW in the Scenery/Global folder either. Is it supposed to be like that.

Yes, we don't have any .BGL outside our own fsdreamteam\kdfw folder. In any case, looking just in those location, it's not enough. A scenery in conflict could be located anywhere: as long its folder is listed as "active" in the Scenery Library, any file in any of those folder can potentially create a conflict.

The only way to look for such files, would be using the free FSX Airport Scanner, available here:

http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/ (click the "Download Center" link )

abrinson

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 03:01:16 pm »
According to the latest one, I have alot of duplicates. ???
Alexander Brinson

abrinson

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 06:04:02 pm »
How do I know which files to rename, or delete? ???
Alexander Brinson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 11:00:17 pm »
Speaking of KDFW, you should delete everything, except:

- The default AFCAD for KDFW, name fsx\scenery\0202\scenery\APX22200.bgl

- Our AFCAD for KDFW, name fsx\fsdreamteam\KDFW\scenery\AP_KDFW.bgl