Author Topic: Missing Terminals/Bldgs. Black textures  (Read 13267 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Terminals/Bldgs. Black textures
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 01:28:42 am »
Open this file with Notepad or any other pure text editor:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

Under the [Trusted] section, search for ALL lines that have a reference to Couatl.exe (together with lots of random characters), and remove the whole line. If there are multiple lines containing either names, remove them all, save the file and exit.

Relaunch FSX and note if you are getting the Trust question for Couatl. Of course, you need to reply yes to allow it.

buckzx12r

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 03:27:02 am »
Ok,I think I got it!I redowloaded DFW again,then after installing,I looked in the FSDreamteam/Couatl folder.The Couatl.application file was gone,replaced with a new Couatl.exe. file.Its like the file wasnt opening on installation.I copied and pasted a COuatl.application file I had saved in another folder.I then started FSX,noticed that now,both application manager and couatl program files were there.Went to DFW,and YAY!There it was .And it was certainly worth all the trouble.Fantastic scenery.Thanks for the help.

James Becker

buckzx12r

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 03:51:23 am »
Just got done following the same procedure for PHNL scenery.Installed,copy/pasted Couatl application file to replace the couatl.exe that didnt open.Works great.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 10:13:07 am »
Its like the file wasnt opening on installation.I copied and pasted a COuatl.

It was probably killed by the antivirus. What created the problem was, you haven't properly turned off the antivirus realtime protection during the installation.

It's not enough to configure the antivirus to ignore Couatl.exe when it's located in the FSX folder because it will still be blocked when it's inside the temporary folder, which is were the installer uncompress the files, before being copied to the FSX folder.

That's why, the antivirus believes the file is a threat, it needs to stay off during the installation.

Brian S

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 03:20:23 pm »
I had the same problem yesterday
But it was due to Dennis D. Mullert file " KDFW_ADEX_DDM.BGL" Be sure you haven't installed this bgl

In my case i've removed this file from my scenery folder and everything is fine now

Regards

I agree, had the same problem, removed the AFCAD by Mr Mullert and my terminals all reappeared.