Author Topic: Missing Terminals/Bldgs. Black textures  (Read 13255 times)

BOOM

Missing Terminals/Bldgs. Black textures
« on: August 06, 2010, 11:06:24 pm »
Hello FSDT,And Thank You for another fantastic product.I'm having a few issues and wonder if my download is incomplete?My download measures 98.1mb

This is what I'm seeing

Thanks for any help

Patrick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Terminals/Bldgs. Black textures
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:10:34 pm »
Don't worry about the download: if it was corrupted, it wouldn't be installed.

Usual question: do you see BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl Powered Addons" menus under the "Addons" in FSX ?

BOOM

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 01:10:10 am »
Hello Umberto and Thank You for the reply,Yes I have both "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl Powered Addons" menus under the "Addons" in FSX

I just tried another flight and everything seems fine,all bldgs and structures are there now! Wierd!

Patrick

Travis

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 02:14:47 am »
Hi,

The same thing happened here.

I tested KDFW, purchased via the web form, entered the code/serial, and after a few minutes Terminal D, the Skylink tram, and other bits of scenery disappeared leaving black shadows on the ground.

Flummoxed, I had to exit FSX and reload my flight in order for everything to appear and to stay in place.

All seems fine now.  I'm zipping around in a Skyhawk, exploring... playing with hanger doors... staying out of tunnels....  :D
travis@aivlasoft.com
travis@fscaptain.net

BOOM

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 02:23:00 am »
 ;D Haha,Sounds like fun Travis!! I purchased the same as you,and had the same thing happen,it's as if it were still in trail mode and time ran out,and things disappear.

p.s. I love that word you used......."Flummoxed".....Brilliant my man!!! :D
Thx for the reply!

Patrick

buckzx12r

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 05:05:16 am »
I also am having the problem with missing buildings,etc.When I installed DFW the first time,Addon manager is installed.but no COUATL.I re-installed KORD,and the COUATL reappeared.I then re-installed KDFW,and now the COUATL is missing again!Anybody have any ideas?

James Becker

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 05:15:26 am »
I also am having the problem with missing buildings,etc.When I installed DFW the first time,Addon manager is installed.but no COUATL.I re-installed KORD,and the COUATL reappeared.I then re-installed KDFW,and now the COUATL is missing again!Anybody have any ideas?

James Becker

Is Couatl still set to False in your exe.xml or True? If its set to true open it with Notepad and change it to False and save it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 10:10:27 am »
I also am having the problem with missing buildings,etc.When I installed DFW the first time,Addon manager is installed.but no COUATL.I re-installed KORD,and the COUATL reappeared.I then re-installed KDFW,and now the COUATL is missing again!

If your KORD installation comes with online self-update, that's just plain impossible to happen, because the couatl.exe it's the SAME, since it fetched online by the installer from the same location as KDFW.

If, instead, you have an old KORD installer, without online update, perhaps your ANTIVIRUS has mistakenly decided the current version of couatl.exe is a threat.

To fix this:

- Turn the antivirus entirely OFF

- Reinstall KDFW - Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the following files:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe

- Turn the antivirus back ON

- Launch FSX.

buckzx12r

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 11:55:29 pm »
Well,after 2 days of doing every combination of redownloading,reconfigurung Trend Micro antivirus,manually adding the bgl.files to FSX main folder,and everything else that was suggested,I still cant get PHNL and KDFW to install.The Addon MAnager says that they are active,and they show in the menu,but the Coutl.exe is still missing.When I check the Couatl.exe. for Properties,I get a message that it is for 32-bit windows.I have Windows 7 64-bit.Could this be the problem?Help!I am not goint ot give up on this.Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 12:05:59 am »
Coutl.exe is still missing.

You mean the couatl.exe (which should be located at FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl ) is missing, or the "Couatl Powered addons" menu is missing ?

Because, if the .EXE itself is missing, than it's normal you don't see the scenery, and it's probably because the antivirus killed it, before it got a chance to be installed (from the temporary folder, probably)

When I check the Couatl.exe. for Properties,I get a message that it is for 32-bit windows.I have Windows 7 64-bit.

Not a problem. FSX itself it's a 32 bit application so, it will only load 32 bit plugins modules, and it works without problems under Win7 x64.

buckzx12r

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 12:09:57 am »
The Couatl powered Addons menu is missing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 12:29:25 am »
Open the Task manager, check if you have a Couatl.exe process still running. If you have it, kill it with task manager, then restart FSX and check if it works.

buckzx12r

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 12:41:11 am »
COuatl.exe was not running.I restarted FSX,and still no Couatl Powered Addons.

Denzel

• FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 12:47:35 am »
I had the same problem yesterday
But it was due to Dennis D. Mullert file " KDFW_ADEX_DDM.BGL" Be sure you haven't installed this bgl

In my case i've removed this file from my scenery folder and everything is fine now

Regards
EX - FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
Ryzen 9 5900X + MSI B550 Unify-X + GTX 3080Ti + 32Go DDR4 3200Mhz + MSI MPG341CQR 34"" On Win10 64Bits

HoneyCom Alpha & Bravo Equiped + Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack + Occulus Quest 2

buckzx12r

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 12:55:45 am »
No,unfortunately,I havent installed that yet.I was going to,IF I ever get this scenery working.