Author Topic: LA Scenery Crashing  (Read 9529 times)

united319

LA Scenery Crashing
« on: August 06, 2010, 10:50:14 pm »
Good Afternoon All,

I mentioned a very similar topic under JFK issues.  My Cloud9 LAX Scenery is giving me more and more trouble every day.  Ever since I got a new computer and had all the files transfered over, it has been headache after headache.  Before you say it...I know I should NEVER transfer files over from one computer to another if I want them to work correctly.  For all of my FSDreamteam and Cloud9 Software I re-installed everything from scratch.  But with my LAX, JFK, and LAS sceneries I can't fly into them at night without a system crash.  In addition my LAX Scenery is even crashing during the daytime now when I am roughly w/in 5-10 miles from landing.  Can somebody please help?!?!  Thanks!

UAL

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LA Scenery Crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:15:02 pm »
Crashing while flying, is usually related to problems with terrain.

I think it's very likely this has been caused by your "move", perhaps some terrain-related product (UT, etc.), doesn't work when moved that way.

united319

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:45:34 am »
Like I said previously.  I re-installed the file after being advised that the "move" wasn't the best thing to do.  I also installed your Addon Manager as that was reccomended for a lot of fixes.  Is there a way to redownload the sceneries from scratch.  Also, I purchased JFK and LAS after I purchased my new computer.  Could it be a file from FS9 and not one of the sceneries?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 09:58:24 am »
Like I said previously.  I re-installed the file after being advised that the "move" wasn't the best thing to

That's not what I've said: you said you reinstalled from scratch only our sceneries, but the problem is not coming from them, I'm quite sure. The problem is likely coming from ANOTHER product, that you haven't reinstalled using it's proper installer.

Sorry, but there are no shortcuts: if you want to move a flightsim installation from a drive to another one, you have to:

- uninstall ALL your Addons first, using their proper uninstaller (if they have one)

- uninstall FS9 itself.

- reinstall FS9 on the new drive

- reinstall ALL your Addons, using their proper installer

If you fail to do so, you are missing steps which might be or not crucial (it depends on the Addons), that deals with backup original fles, replace them, change settings, etc, which happen only during the normal installation process, which you skip if you don't run it.

united319

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 09:26:24 am »
I will do all of that.  I just can't figure out why it is only FSDreamteam and Cloud9 Sceneries that are causing problems.  The other two major payware sceneries that I use, operate just fine after the transfer...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 10:20:43 pm »
I will do all of that.  I just can't figure out why it is only FSDreamteam and Cloud9 Sceneries that are causing problems.  The other two major payware sceneries that I use, operate just fine after the transfer...

They surely don't, most likely, it's a problem with another scenery in the same area ( terrain addons, probably ) which are the one that usually require running a full installation, because they change, replace and backup lots of original files at install time, so they really can't be moved easily.

Fact that you have only two other payware sceneries that works, simply means there's nothign wrong with the underlying terrain in *their* own area.

united319

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 01:13:29 am »
Makes sense to me.  Especially considering that my FSDreamteam and Cloud9 sceneries are in such complex areas as Los Angeles, New York, Honolulu, and Las Vegas that come with additional items.
Thanks for all the quick feedback and support.  Can't wait to buy DFW.

UAL