Author Topic: Volume discounts?  (Read 7905 times)

CaptKornDog

Volume discounts?
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:49:07 pm »
Any chance volume discounts exist for DFW?  Was disappointed to not see a link for it unlike the other FSDT sceneries.  I like buying a bulk number of licenses for gifts and prizes.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Volume discounts?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 09:51:21 pm »
Volume discount is available for a SINGLE user wanting to install on many machines, for example cockpit builders that have multiple networked systems to display scenery.

So, with Volume discount, you have 1 serial, the only difference compared to the standard purchase, this serial has more activations available, so it can be installed on a network.

Since the serial it's just one, ALL your friends would be forced to share their activations so, it wouldn't be fair for them, because one of them might change hardware a lot, and "taking away" other's activations. And, since they haven't ordered (you have), they wouldn't even able to Reinstall themselves like a regular order, because there's no order for them, no registered email, etc.

Also, since the price for volume discount is very attractive, it's obvious that it couldn't be resold or gifted to other people, otherwise you would be able to simply buy in volume, then resell to anyone for a price lower than what we are offering and still making money out of it, with the support burden on us anyway...

So, Volume discount can't be used to resell/gift to other people, it's ONLY a convenience for users with many machines. Using it in another way, it's considered to be against the product license.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 09:59:38 pm »
Thanks for the response.  However, I also buy it for 3 machines myself, so my original questions still stands sir.  Will volume discounts be available?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 10:02:24 pm »
If you wait 10-15 minutes, the option should appear on the Web store, it's the time it takes to sync all the multiple servers Esellerate has.

In any case, with 3 PCs, you should be able to use the scenery with the standard 6 activation policy, without having to use Volume discounts.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:03:59 pm by virtuali »

CaptKornDog

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 11:31:59 pm »
Is there a way then to purchase 2 licenses for 2 different people?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 11:41:34 pm »
Not in the same order. You need to do 2 separate orders, each one with a different name/address. In this case, there's no discount. As I've said, Volume discounts are only for a single user, there are no discounts for purchases to be used by different people.