Author Topic: Important!!! FSDT Zurich Missing buildings/trees - problem solved!!!  (Read 5447 times)

altena

Hello to everyone, having problems with missing buildings and trees on approach at FSDT Zurich like I had (and possibly with other FSDT airports).
Last night, I got a golden tip from Andydigital, who runs the forum of VR-Insight (a company, that sells hardware add-ons for FS. I strongly advise to try it out.
Clue is to add a couple of lines into the [GRAPHICS] section of your FSX.cfg file, i.e.:

[GRAPHICS] ------ This line is already present in your FSX.cfg
SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=5
SHADER_PARTIAL_PRECISION=1
ALLOW_SHADER_20=1
ALLOW_SHADER_30=0
HIGHMEMFIX=1
STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

The essential necessary text is in red, but the other lines are strongly advised.

Furthermore you could change the line TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40 in the [DISPLAY] section into TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400

If you are interested in this, then you should do a search in Google for the word: HIGHMEMFIX. There is much info about this.

Hope it helps. Anyway, with all the FS hardware add-ons, I've connected to my computer, there is no single problem anymore.

Success and let me know, how it works for you.
Regards,
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Important!!! FSDT Zurich Missing buildings/trees - problem solved!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:54:23 pm »
The HIGHMEM=1 fix is inserted by default in the current version of the Addon Manager, since a couple of versions already. However, I can't see any difference wheter is 1 or 0, but that might be system-dependent.

altena

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 02:55:45 pm »
Umberto,

Perhaps you could tell me where the add-on manager this installs then. Anyway not in the FSX.cfg file. Otherwise, I would see it there for sure.
What I really not like is that you again don't give any solution. Is perhaps the G2D.dll file edited by the add-on manager?
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 03:19:08 pm »
Perhaps you could tell me where the add-on manager this installs then. Anyway not in the FSX.cfg file. Otherwise, I would see it there for sure.

It doesn't install it automatically. The Addon Manager NEVER touches the FSX.CFG, unless you told to do so. Which means, by simply installing and running the Addon Manager, it will not add or modify anything in your FSX.CFG BUT, if you open its dialog, you'll see the setting is there, but it won't be saved to FSX.CFG, until you press the "Save to FSX" button.

What I really not like is that you again don't give any solution.

If you have seen an improvement by using the HIGHMEMFIX, than it clearly proves it was either an FSX problem to begin with, or a video driver problem, and not a problem of the scenery.

As I've said, the scenery works fine here with either setting and, since this has been discovered VERY recently, not many users have it enabled, but you are the only one with that specific problem (missing buildings with both the modules running, never happens) which means, this setting might just affect something which is very specific to your configuration, or your combination of addons. I think it's very likely to affect FSX installations with too much stuff added, and lots of VRAM usage.