Author Topic: Klas - runway problem - look at the screenshots  (Read 7541 times)

jimcho

Klas - runway problem - look at the screenshots
« on: August 04, 2010, 07:47:05 pm »
hi all

ive installed Klas (trial mode) and look around the airport but the problem ive seen is that theres something wrong - i think - with the runway.

See the photos:

http://img189.imageshack.us/i/klas1.jpg/

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/klas2.jpg/

how i can solve this? its because im in trial version?

regards
jim

ive tried to unistall:

- scenerytech
- fsglobal 2010 (doesnt work also with the fix mesh terrain)
- ive tried to unistall and install again..no works

maybe a bug?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Klas - runway problem - look at the screenshots
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 07:54:19 pm »
I don't see any problem in your screenshots: the scenery looks like is supposed to.

If you are refering to the very small difference between the underlying photorealistc texture, and the above markings, which are not absolutely and perfectly aligned, that's not much we can do about it, given how the ground is made and the positioning precision we can obtain, when matching real world coordinates (lat/lon) and modeled markings (meters), with the added issues of FSX having a round earth model.

The alternative would be putting a default runway, which will never look as the real one, although it would be way easier to program...

jimcho

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 08:13:29 pm »
damn!! so fsdreamtean cant do nothing about this? ive read the review on avsim and the guy didnt notice about this.

so about this nothing can be done?

http://img833.imageshack.us/i/klas1notes.jpg/

and ive installed kfll and im still in doubt about the runway. Pls see the screen below:

http://img5.imageshack.us/f/kfll.jpg/

1. is normal to see that lines? are they from the default runway?

2. that is the custom fsdreamteam runway texture or is the default one so i need to reinstall the scenery again for enjoy the custom fsdreamteam runway texture?

thx in advanced
jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:15:28 pm »
damn!! so fsdreamtean cant do nothing about this? ive read the review on avsim and the guy didnt notice about this.

Probably because the reviewer, as everyone else that bought the scenery (after having installed the Trial, like you), didn't find it distracting enough to warrant a comment.

1. is normal to see that lines? are they from the default runway?

No, they are from the background photoscenery. This could be probably fixed, but that's nothing you can do by yourself easily, we should edit the underground layer and release it as an upgrad.

We haven't noticed it before, probably because nobody else complained about it until today.

jimcho

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 09:45:20 pm »
ok. so:

1. for "Klas Las Vegas" theres nothing that the team can do. Its possible release a folder placed inside the Klas installation with a optional file - for the people that fly mostly on payware airport - that replace the default fsx runway with a texture with no white sign or a texture that make the default runway trasparent? just an optional file for who wanna replace it.

2. for Klas if i change the altitude of the airport - for example from 2180 to 22xx - the problem goes away?

3. theres a chance from fsdreamteam to release a fix for the runway?

In general the sceneries are great and amazing but small problem on the runway (one of the most important area of the airport) can be really annoying for people like me that pay attention to what is seen.

Thx in advanced
Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:02:36 pm »
1. for "Klas Las Vegas" theres nothing that the team can do. Its possible release a folder placed inside the Klas installation with a optional file - for the people that fly mostly on payware airport - that replace the default fsx runway with a texture with no white sign or a texture that make the default runway trasparent? just an optional file for who wanna replace it.

No, it would require a whole new set of ground files and textures, can't be done with a simple file replace.

2. for Klas if i change the altitude of the airport - for example from 2180 to 22xx - the problem goes away?

It's not an altitude problem. And if it was as easily fixable by simply changing the altitude (without affecting a whole lot of other things), don't you think we'd do it already ourselves ?

3. theres a chance from fsdreamteam to release a fix for the runway?

No for KLAS, reasons already explained. Possibly for KFLL, because it's a different problem there.

jimcho

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 11:19:33 pm »
thx for all the reply. i really appreciate.

I concerned the replacing the default fsx runaway texture with a transparent one or a color that match the klas so we dont see it together with the custom klas one. the fsdreamteam runway texture is perfect like is now. if this is possible is ok only for simmers like me that only use payware airports.

About Kfll will be great for a future fix. thx for your patient.

i think ill choose dallas and kfll when wil be fix.

thx again
jim

Bingo41

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 05:57:48 pm »
Hi, I have the same issue as Jimcho has.

Currently, I have the Las Vegas scenery installed on my new Win 7, 64-bit OS and I see this problem. When I'm on runway 25R looking west from the PMDG 747-400 (the cockpit is high off the ground) you can see this semi-transparent image below the surface of the runway very easily. In addition, down runway 25R, there is a structure with a tower next to a red and white checkerboard building between RW 25R and RW 25L......note that there are two of these structures when there should only be one.

However, if I return to my older PC set up running Win XP, 32 bit, this problem doesn't appear at all. The runway looks as you would expect it to be, and the duplicate red and white checkerboard is not there (only one building appears). I'm keeeping this older system alive until I work thru all the issues of a new setup before I convert it to another use.

Could the issue be due to the Win 7 or 64-bit difference?

Bill