Author Topic: registering  (Read 4843 times)

andqui

registering
« on: July 29, 2010, 02:30:42 pm »
Wasn't too sure where to post this-

A while ago I purchased JFK and LSZH and LSGG for fs9. I'm currently in the process of moving fs9 onto a new computer, and I can't find my serial for JFK. I have the serial for LSZH and LSGG and have activated them on the new machine.

I do have the regkey backup file from the old install- is there any way I can use this to re-obtain my serial?

thanks for the help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: registering
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 05:53:44 pm »
First, there's no "redownload" issue: since we have a Trial version, there's no need for you to keep a backup of your installer, you simply download it again from our site, since the download is always freely available.

How to reinstall on a new computer or on a computer that crashed, it's clearly explained in the installation guide, named fsdt_install_guide.pdf, to be found under the fsdreamteam folder (under the main Flightsim folder) after installing the Trial. Reinstallation is explained from page 12.

For those that don't care reading manuals, there's our FAQ page, at the I have lost my Email receipt, how can I reactivate my product ? paragraph:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

For those that don't care reading manuals and missed the FAQ page too, there's a sticky thread in the General section of the forum, named: Reinstallation after system upgrade or crash, please READ!

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=649.0

I do have the regkey backup file from the old install- is there any way I can use this to re-obtain my serial?

Yes, of course. Your Serial IS there, just open it with Notepad...But you don't even need to type it manually: simply double-click on it, and it will insert the Serial in your registry so, as soon as you install the scenery, it will prompt to reactivate it when Flight sim starts.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:57:23 pm by virtuali »

andqui

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:25:09 pm »
First, there's no "redownload" issue: since we have a Trial version, there's no need for you to keep a backup of your installer, you simply download it again from our site, since the download is always freely available.

First of all, the word "redownload" never comes up once in my original post, so obviously I'm not the only one that's not reading quite as carefully as he should.

Second of all, I'm a paying customer, so turn down the sarcasm a bit.

Third of all, thank you very much for your help. All I had to do was double-click the regkey, and I'm glad I was able to get it installed.

Terribly sorry if I wasted your time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 09:19:59 pm »
First of all, the word "redownload" never comes up once in my original post, so obviously I'm not the only one that's not reading quite as carefully as he should

Since it wasn't clear from your post that you knew that you didn't had to worry about finding your download or not, I simply make sure it was. Maybe I shouldn't have put it quotes, but that doesn't change the fact that is was better to clarify it.

Second of all, I'm a paying customer, so turn down the sarcasm a bit.

I can't see any sarcasm don't see any of it, and this post was simply copied and pasted from another one in the forum so, it wasn't directed at anyone in particular, let alone you.

Third of all, thank you very much for your help. All I had to do was double-click the regkey, and I'm glad I was able to get it installed.

Yes, it's extremely easy, if you save your backup key.

Terribly sorry if I wasted your time.

You haven't "wasted" anyone's time, since we are here for the only reason to help everyone, as my post count clearly shows...