Author Topic: Jetways sinking  (Read 5359 times)

joehibb

Jetways sinking
« on: July 23, 2010, 12:07:12 am »
I notice when at the gate with My CS757 that the Jetway wheels where sunk into the ground and that some of the Jetways where sunk all the way up to the top of the electrical box on the side of the Jetway for the Traffic 2 AI planes. Never seen this happen with the stock Jetway program with  Inverse Kinematics. After watching a video on setting up Jetway animation with Gmax and IK ( http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jetway_IK_video_tutorial&diff=cur&oldid=6745 ) it seems to me that the wheels where not lock to the ground as shown in the video and that the animation to raise and lower the Jetway on the two shafts is not operating.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:12:49 am by joehibb »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways sinking
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:15:51 am »
Never seen this happen with the stock Jetway program with  Inverse Kinematics.

No. Even the stock jetways have the same problem. It might not show with the same airplane but, for example, if you try the default CRJ over a default scenery, the jetways sinks into the ground too.

it seems to me that the wheels where not lock to the ground as shown in the video and that the animation to raise and lower the Jetway on the two shafts is not operating.

The jetways are modeled correctly as per MS specs. That issue is an FSX bug which, as I've said, happens also with the default one. The exact behaviour with different airplanes changes, but the problem is present also in the default jetways.

joehibb

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:42:24 am »
You are right, I've never notice that before. Could you lower the medium jetways so that it line up with 757 or that size of airplane and line up the small Jetway for 737 or similar size of airplane. What I did notice is that the stock airport KLAX medium Jetway height is perfect for the 757.
I think your Jetway height is alot higher than the stock Jetway so the sinking looks more dramatic. :)

aircanadajet

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 11:42:35 pm »
Hi, I noticed something similar after nearing parking. All of the jet ways were gone! So I continued to park and set the parking brakes and then, resized the window, (I always fly in windowed mode...) and then it took a while for the simulator to come back, it took a while to show all the scenery and buildings. and then the jet ways were back on!...... Although I as I turn around the airplane in spot view, the jet way its on, and off as I am 'flying' around the outside of the plane. I have a video here:

sorry for the youtube video quality but that's all I could do. even though I used a HD camera?! thanks!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 05:33:18 pm by aircanadajet »