Author Topic: AFCAD  (Read 9224 times)

heavy1216

AFCAD
« on: July 18, 2010, 03:26:00 am »
Hey can somebody please give me an update AFCAD for KLAS

flightwatch

Re: AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 11:53:59 am »
Here is a new AFCAD. Since I work at KLAS, I have a somewhat unique perspective of this airport. Please keep in mind that I am by no means an AFCAD expert, but here you go.

What it updates:

-All airline gates, ramps, and taxiways are all accurate.  I also changed the ramps up so that atc will no longer phonetically spell out "INNER."  They are now numbered like they are in real life, and you will hear "Taxi to 25R via taxiway 10, C6, C."
-The gates that are closed in real life are now closed in the sim...including the entire East side of concourse C (it is currently being resurfaced,and getting new jet bridges.)
-Added all of the hard stands that are currently used.
-Cleaned up some of the taxiways, and added the second taxi way on the West side of Concourse D.
-Cleaned up the parking area for EG&G, and added a 6th parking spot.
-Added BBJ parking by Signature Flight Support.
-Closed 25R to landings.  Planes land on 25R, but it's incredibly rare.

I didn't do too much to the ga ramp because I'm never over there in real life...so I don't know what's legit and what isn't.  I also can't figure out how to get the planes to taxi all of the way to the end of 07L, and 01R for takeoff. Anyways Enjoy!

United_fan

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:19:50 pm »
flightwatch,that AFCAD made my FS crash. :-\

flightwatch

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:43:35 pm »
Well, it doesn't make my fs crash, and 15 others haven't complained about that...so I don't know what to tell you.  Could it be something else that is making it crash?  FS9 right?

bradl

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 07:43:10 pm »
Here is a new AFCAD. Since I work at KLAS, I have a somewhat unique perspective of this airport. Please keep in mind that I am by no means an AFCAD expert, but here you go.

What it updates:

-All airline gates, ramps, and taxiways are all accurate.  I also changed the ramps up so that atc will no longer phonetically spell out "INNER."  They are now numbered like they are in real life, and you will hear "Taxi to 25R via taxiway 10, C6, C."

Almost got it. Since the Ramp is controlled by Ramp control, they will tell you to taxi to the different spots on the ground. So After you'd call Ramp for push, they, using your example, will tell you to taxi to "spot 10" then contact Ground. Ground will give you the runway, saying "Runway 25R, taxi via Charlie 6, Charlie." per the 7110.65T.

-The gates that are closed in real life are now closed in the sim...including the entire East side of concourse C (it is currently being resurfaced,and getting new jet bridges.)
-Added all of the hard stands that are currently used.
-Cleaned up some of the taxiways, and added the second taxi way on the West side of Concourse D.
-Cleaned up the parking area for EG&G, and added a 6th parking spot.
-Added BBJ parking by Signature Flight Support.
-Closed 25R to landings.  Planes land on 25R, but it's incredibly rare.

Umm.. May not want to do that one.. in Config #1 (there are 6 runway configurations at LAS), 19R/R and 25L/R are used for arriving and departing. Yes, it's a rarity, but it is still used. That one is per the SOP the Tower and TRACON use.

I didn't do too much to the ga ramp because I'm never over there in real life...so I don't know what's legit and what isn't.  I also can't figure out how to get the planes to taxi all of the way to the end of 07L, and 01R for takeoff. Anyways Enjoy!

don't worry about it. If you can get them to the hold bars, that's great. The hold bars for 7L are the same as the hold bars for 1R, because you can't fit an aircraft between them.

Other than that, not bad at all!

BL.

flightwatch

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 08:03:18 pm »
Thank you for the advice.  I am not an AFCAD expert, but since I work at the real KLAS for 40+ hours a week, I figured I was probably the best source to do it.  I closed 25R to landings for 1 simple reason.  Traffic flow.  At the real KLAS, you would be lucky to catch 1 airplane a day landing on 25R.  The rest of the time they are on 25L.  If you guys want 25R opened up, either you can do it yourselves, or I can upload a new AFCAD with it opened.