Author Topic: DX10 support for AMD's Eyefinity option with pdf attachment  (Read 4421 times)

Guido

Hi
First I like to say that I am impressed about how frame rate friendly the product is and the quality of the Airport. I am happy what I get at day time but at night it is a different story. AMD’s Eyefinity connects multiple screens and does perform much better with DX10 then with DX9. Therefore I appreciate your support to provide minimal support for DX10. A hot fix to improve the visibility of runways (Geneva) and taxi ways (Zurich and Geneva) would make the airports useful for DX10 users also at night.  Attached some views how dark a DX10 Airport night is (Sorry before the attachment was >1MB).
Does anybody know if for example a JFK light file could replace the current light definitions for LSZH and LSGG? I appreciate your help very much.

HW and SW:
Graphic: AMD 2x 5850
Processor: Intel i7-870 with 8GB RAM
Windows 7-64

Rgds
Guido

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: DX10 support for AMD's Eyefinity option with pdf attachment
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 03:18:46 pm »
Sorry, it's not so simple. DX10 support for Zurich or Geneva is not possible, without redoing the whole ground.

We can't do much about it: it's the DX10 mode has bugs in the FS9 backward compatibility area, that we need and we use to create the custom ground for those sceneries.

Guido

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:40:26 pm »
Hi

Thank you very much for the quick replay. One additional succession:
Could you add a DX10 fix implementing the runway lights in Geneva as in Zurich? That would already help a lot.

Rgds
Guido

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 10:05:22 pm »
As I've said, it's not just the runway lights, it's the whole ground metho that would need to be changed so, no DX10 for existing sceneries.

The first DX10 scenery will be Dallas, because it has been designed from scratch to be compatible with it, and it's made in entirely different way.