Author Topic: Las Vegas Flatten question  (Read 6508 times)

HiFlyer

Las Vegas Flatten question
« on: July 16, 2010, 05:45:57 pm »
Hi; I have a quick question About the airport flatten in the Las Vegas airport scenery. On a new FSX install, before adding the airport, buildings in the area seem to be on a relatively even keel and blend well with the surrounding scenery.

I note however that after the installation of FSDT scenery, several landmark buildings in the downtown area are partially submerged beneath "ripples" in the landscape, making the area look a bit dysfunctional as a representation of a realistic urban area.

Is anyone aware of a solution for this issue? (Besides removing the Airport)  :D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:00:19 pm by virtuali »
i7 920 @ 3.8ghz \ Coolermaster V8 Cpu Cooler \ Asus P6T Deluxe
Nvidia 280 Gpu \ 6 Gigs Corsair Ram \ Vista 64
X-Fi Extreme Music Audio
AntecTruepower Quattro 850w Psu \ Klipsch Thx Audio Speakers
Gateway FPD2485w 24' Monitor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Las Vegas Flatten question
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 07:27:33 pm »
On a clean FSX install, you can simply remove the mesh_terrain.bgl file in the fsdreamteam\KLAS folder.

This file is only needed to fix the "plateau" effect when using 3rd parth meshes which hasn't been processed to smooth out elevation differences around airports, to compensate the fact that FSX doesn't really support sloped airports.

If you don't use such meshes, you can safely remove that file, because the MS default mesh doesn't have this issue.

There's a new free product from FS Genesis that is supposed to fix this for several popular airports (including KLAS) so, if you use that one, you can also use a detailed 3rd party mesh, and get rid of the mesh_terrain.bgl as well.

HiFlyer

Re: Las Vegas Flatten question
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:41:47 am »
On a clean FSX install, you can simply remove the mesh_terrain.bgl file in the fsdreamteam\KLAS folder.

This file is only needed to fix the "plateau" effect when using 3rd parth meshes which hasn't been processed to smooth out elevation differences around airports, to compensate the fact that FSX doesn't really support sloped airports.

If you don't use such meshes, you can safely remove that file, because the MS default mesh doesn't have this issue.

There's a new free product from FS Genesis that is supposed to fix this for several popular airports (including KLAS) so, if you use that one, you can also use a detailed 3rd party mesh, and get rid of the mesh_terrain.bgl as well.

Thank you for the quick reply. I will give that a shot!  :)
i7 920 @ 3.8ghz \ Coolermaster V8 Cpu Cooler \ Asus P6T Deluxe
Nvidia 280 Gpu \ 6 Gigs Corsair Ram \ Vista 64
X-Fi Extreme Music Audio
AntecTruepower Quattro 850w Psu \ Klipsch Thx Audio Speakers
Gateway FPD2485w 24' Monitor