Author Topic: Ramps full, gates empty  (Read 5629 times)

Deltalpha

Ramps full, gates empty
« on: July 10, 2010, 01:01:01 am »
Hey all,

I love my AI traffic, even if its a pain at times.

This is one of those times. See pic:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/annef_2007/fsscr006.jpg

The majority of my international flights don't park at the gates, rather at those spots in the pic. How can I fix this? Using the AFCAD that came with the latest installer, also using WOAI.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:24:53 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ramps full, gates empty
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 07:28:53 am »
Surely it's not a problem of the scenery, and nobody ever reported it so far.

First, be sure you our AFCAD is the one in use. Which means, you need to be sure there are no other AFCADs for JFK anywhere in your system, save for the MS default one. You can use the AFCAD program to check how many AFCAD you have for JFK. You need to have only 2: the one from FSDT in the fsdreamteam\jfk folder, and the MS default one. If you have more, remove all the extra.

If the problem is still there, then it's probably a problem of your AI models, which have been programmed with the wrong radius. However, as I've said, many use WOAI, and nobody ever noticed this.

Also, check you don't have duplicates traffic.bgl files.

data63

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:04:10 pm »
I had the same problem with UT2 and FSX - seems that the order of the airlines and the gates of the "D" concourse are favourable to send the international "Big Irons" to the apron.
I. solved this (for me) by adding a few "XXX" airline parking codes at the beginnung of the airlines list for the apron spots

happy landings

juergen

Deltalpha

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 11:34:11 pm »
I looked for a second AFCAD, but couldn't find anything. Also I tried what you said Juergen, but it didnt work.

I 'solved' it by changing the parking codes at the aprons...I erased the old codes and put Delta's code in it since I have large amounts of Delta AI at JFK.  You gotta love AIG flightplans. ;D

aj4evur

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 11:14:31 pm »
Surely it's not a problem of the scenery, and nobody ever reported it so far.

First, be sure you our AFCAD is the one in use. Which means, you need to be sure there are no other AFCADs for JFK anywhere in your system, save for the MS default one. You can use the AFCAD program to check how many AFCAD you have for JFK. You need to have only 2: the one from FSDT in the fsdreamteam\jfk folder, and the MS default one. If you have more, remove all the extra.

If the problem is still there, then it's probably a problem of your AI models, which have been programmed with the wrong radius. However, as I've said, many use WOAI, and nobody ever noticed this.

Also, check you don't have duplicates traffic.bgl files.

I'm pretty sure I've seen complaints about this in the topic regarding JFK AFCAD. I too use WOAI and the same thing happens to me- its a nuisance honestly and I changed the AFCAD it came with so that at terminal 4 the ai would choose gates over ramp parking spaces. Like the previous poster stated it seems that because of the way the parking codes are assigned at the ramps, most airlines will go there first, and then populate the gates once the ramps are full. the "add XXX... to the ramps parking assignments" methods works , but what I ended up doing was shuffling the parking codes for each space at the gates making sure that airline AAA was higher up at the gate parking that it was at the ramp.