Author Topic: Error during loading FSX  (Read 4634 times)

lumat83

Error during loading FSX
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:29:22 pm »
Hello  :D

The last week I've installed "FSDreamTeam Geneva" without problem. But today when I've launched FSX, during the loading, I had this message :

http://img5.imageshack.us/i/capturedqq.jpg/

I've removed the "FSDreamTeam Geneva" addon, rebuilt the FSX.cfg and the problem has been solved. But I can't reinstall it without it appear again.

Do you know how solve it ?

Thank you for your help  :D

I've Windows 7 64bits
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:48:45 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error during loading FSX
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:46:26 pm »
This has been explained many times already in the forum: it's a known FSX bug that, the first time a module is trusted, it might cause FSX to crash or give that warning. Doesn't happen on all system, but it's something that can happen with every module that has just been trusted.

Or, since you said it worked fine for a while, it might have been cause by an update of your antivirus, that is mistakenly identify the module as a threat.

The solution is exactly the opposite of what FSX suggest:

- You have to authorize the module to run, even if it crashes.

- Try to run FSX again and, if still crashes, don't do anything, don't uninstall but, reboot Windows and try again. It will usually fix itself after a reboot.

You might also want to check your antivirus, because it might have mistakenly blocked the module. If this is the case, the best way is to:

1) Install with the antivirus entirely disabled

2) Configure the antivirus to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll file from scanning before launching FSX
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:51:47 pm by virtuali »

lumat83

Re: Error during loading FSX
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:12:25 am »
Sorry

Ok, it work now  :)

Thank you