Author Topic: gangway missing  (Read 12952 times)

solace

gangway missing
« on: July 05, 2010, 11:01:15 pm »
Dear team,

as you can see my issue is slightly different to all the "missing building" threads.
Well, my buidings are all there and looking fantastic, however I would need to install some ropes onto my planes if i want to have some passanger :)

All gangways are actually missing?! I did try already the stuff, that you have to do when the buildings are missing, but it did not really work out.
I hope i am not the only one with this issue and you have an off the shelf solution.

many thanks in advance,

solace

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gangway missing
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 11:18:00 pm »
as you can see my issue is slightly different to all the "missing building" threads.

Well, it's not "slightly", it's entirely different and doesn't have anything to do with it.

Missing buildings are caused by our software not running (99% of the times, because of the antivirus, 1% because of corrupted FSX/Simconnect installations) so, buildings that are created on the fly by it, are not visible.

Jetways, instead, are not handled by our software. They are inside the AFCAD file, and handled entirely by FSX. In fact, if our software is not running, you would usually see JUST THE JETWAYS.

So, in your case, the most likely cause, it's another AFCAD coming from another product that is in conflict, and is excluding part of our own.

They are mostly found in AI Traffic Packages (like My Traffic) which means, you need to identify if there are any other AFCAD for Geneva in your system, and remove all the extra. You should have 2 AFCADs files for Geneva, at the most: the Stock from MS, and the one from FSDT in the fsdreamteam\LSGG folder. If you have more, remove them all.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:20:12 pm by virtuali »

solace

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 12:05:29 am »
Hi,
firstly thanks for your super quick answer.
However...well, could you just detail a bit more what i have to look for?! How does an AFCAD file look like?
In the FSX\fsdreamteam folder i have two sub folders, being Scenery & Texture.
In the Scenery I have a lot of (actually only) .BGL files.
In the Texture folder just .dds files.

Your help is greatly appriciated.

Solace

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 01:16:12 am »
The conflicting AFCAD it's not in our scenery folder, we obviously do not install anything which creates such problem so, the last place you should look for, is the fsdreamteam folder.

As I've said, the problem is caused by another product, and a conflicting AFCAD can be anywhere in your FSX. An AFCAD file is a .BGL file that contains airport data.

You can use the free ADE program to search for them.

data63

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 08:51:31 am »
looks to me, as if the AES Excludes are working - but the AES Jetways don't

Maybe AES not correctoly intalled/uninstalled for Geneva?

Happy landings!

Juergen

mrlol

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 07:54:31 pm »
Hey I have the same problem and I realy don't know how to make the buildings appear... I know i must download the free ADE program but, it isn't so good. What can I do to make the buildings appear??
Thanks
Best regards
Loïc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 08:49:21 pm »
Hey I have the same problem and I realy don't know how to make the buildings appear

Sorry not, you don't have the same problem. This thread is about buildings VISIBLE, but not jetways. If you say you don't see the buildings, you have the OPPOSITE problem.

Which has been explained in many other threads, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2701.msg22494#msg22494

mrlol

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 09:07:39 pm »
Sorry I think you don't anderstand me^^ I have the same problem. Sorry my english is not so goog so please excuse me. I can't see the gatway too... Is these realy not the same problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 10:02:56 am »
I can't see the gatway too... Is these realy not the same problem?

You need to be more clear. You said: "What can I do to make the buildings appear", when you said (now), you don't see jetways too, do you mean you don't see JUST the jetways (like others in this thread) OR you don't see buildings and jetways too (so you don't see anything...) ?

If it's JUST the jetways you don't see, then it's not a problem of the scenery, but is being caused by another scenery in conflict. Posts above already explains how to do this.

If you don't see the buildings too, then it's an entierly different issue, and I've already posted a solution for this in my previous post.

mrlol

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 01:23:22 pm »
I just don't see the gateway. What must I do to make it appear again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 04:18:17 pm »
Already explained in the above posts: it's either an AFCAD for Geneva from another product (that you need to find using, for example, ADE ) OR, if you use AES, there's a problem in its installation so, it's excluding our jetways, but is not displaying its own.

mrlol

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 08:27:01 pm »
Ok thanks the gateway are now appear. ;D

nico1900x

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 10:38:39 am »
Good evening,

I had a problem but I miss the bridges often uninstalled fsdreamteam and installed and I have already analyzed by antivirus couatl.exe but it is good ... result in only one did not work bridges gaps, it was weird!  :o I do not know why ...?  ??? but the rest so good ... so how will do to solve the problem but do not forget I had already paid the price for some months previous ... ??

I ask you to help me solve this problem and you can write me in French because I read all your forum English why I translate it myself as I read the powerful.

Thank you in advance  :)

Nico1900x 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 12:39:12 pm »
I had a problem but I miss the bridges often uninstalled fsdreamteam and installed and I have already analyzed by antivirus couatl.exe but it is good ...

Read again this thread carefully: missing jetways do not have *anything* to do with our modules, the antivirus, couatl, etc. Missing jetways can ONLY be caused by another scenery in conflict OR, if you use AES, some kind of problem with its installation.

As already explained in the other messages in this thread, use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find AFCAD duplicates for LSGG and remove them.

If it's not a problem of AFCAD duplicates, and you use AES, be sure it's installed correctly, and it's the latest version, for more informations about AES (if you use it), please refer to the Aerosoft forum.

nico1900x

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 12:45:35 pm »
Hello virtual,

Thank you for your forum but for me if I understand you but not easy because I see so complicated ... I ask if you have an updated file to download to fix this ... ?   :-\

I await your reply thank you in advance

cordially

Nico1900x