Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!  (Read 4327 times)

Lovetofly28

PLEASE HELP!
« on: June 22, 2010, 10:12:16 pm »
I recently installed JFK for fsx. When I went to buy it I also bought Chicago as well. I payed for both. And its not letting me install Chicago. I have no idea how to get Chicago into fsx. JFK installed fine. Please help...

-Lovetofly28

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:12:29 pm »
I payed for both. And its not letting me install Chicago

That fact that you bought it, doesn't make any difference of being able to install it or not. You should always be able to install it, if you don't activate it, it will run in Trial mode, but it will run and will install without problems.

Have you actually *installed* the scenery ? What do you mean, exactly, with "not letting me install" ? Have you got some kind of error message during the installation ? If yes, which one ?

Lovetofly28

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 02:51:52 am »
After I finish downloading it. I click "run" Nothing happens. I wait but no wizard comes to install it. I didn't have this problem with JFK. Is their a reason it wont install?
-Lovetofly28

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 10:49:02 am »
After I finish downloading it. I click "run" Nothing happens. I wait but no wizard comes to install it. I didn't have this problem with JFK. Is their a reason it wont install?

You just need to wait, Windows might take some time to check the executable, because it's digitally signed, and the time will be longer if you also have an antivirus running, which will scan the file as well, and after the file is scanned, both by Windows and by the Antivirus, there will be additional waiting because the setup executable need to be uncompressed in your temporary folder, before it can run.

Reboot Windows (to be sure you haven't tried to launch the executable twice), launch it and just wait.