Author Topic: FS9 Crashes at Dawn/Dusk/Night  (Read 4691 times)

united319

FS9 Crashes at Dawn/Dusk/Night
« on: July 02, 2010, 10:45:44 am »
Good Evening,

I tried searching all of the forums for this topic, I could not find anything, only other circumstances causing the same problem.  Ever since I bought a computer with Windows 7, I have had nothing but problems with my sceneries.  The biggest problem I notice is that whenever I am at any FSDreamteam or Cloud9 airport, FS9 crashes whenever it is Dawn/Dusk/Night.  I have gone through all the steps related to other FS9 on Windows 7 crash problems (ie, uninstall then reinstall the scenery/addon manager, re-registering my products), but nothing is working.  Can somebody please help!  It's not too fun flying into your great airports only during daylight.

Regards,

UAL

P.S.  don't know if this makes a difference or not, but ORD is exempt from the above problems, it works anytime.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS9 Crashes at Dawn/Dusk/Night
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 11:34:03 am »
Since KORD works, this excludes any problem with the Addon Manager. In any case, problems with Addon Manager are always because it becomes a victim of too aggressive antivirus products that blocks its execution but in this case it would simply not start (you wouldn't see its menu in fs9), it will not crash at nit only.

You can safely exclude an activation problem: this would revert the scenery to Trial mode, it will never cause a crash, at night only.

Since you already reinstalled the sceneries, this excludes the chance a night texture of the scenery might have been corrupted.

This leaves with only one possible explanation: you might have a problem with something else. THe most likely cause for a crash at a specific time, it's a missing or corrupted texture for an AI airplane. in this case, being at night only, it could be a lightmap.

It might happen with an AI that appears on those sceneries only, but not at KORD, so this might mislead you the issue is in the scenery. Of course, fact the you can't find other reports of this in the forum, seems to confirm the problem is not in the sceneries. But we have other cases of crashes happening at a specific time, and it turned out to be an AI texture.