Author Topic: Does kjfk have blue taxiway lights?  (Read 10533 times)

Yoram777

Does kjfk have blue taxiway lights?
« on: June 18, 2010, 01:21:31 am »
Can any of you nice folks that have kfjk scenery tell me if it has blue taxiway lights..and if it does why dont I seee them?   Thank you

Murf

Re: Does kjfk have blue taxiway lights?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 05:39:26 am »
I see them fine.... I would have NO clue why you can't... ???
Senior Master Sergent (retired)

Yoram777

HELPP!!Tech support or anyone  that can help! I dont know whats going on with my custom airports. Now I have the default "dot" blue taxiway ligts appearing at kjfk but not the custom ones with the yellow poles. Also at kfll I have a combination of the default and custom blue taxiway lights. I have REX2 with the default  textures restoredd from fsx, and airport wizard which should not effect these  airpors since  I used it only for non custom airports. Ive attached pics of the problems and a pic of my scenery layers. I use Traffic X too.

Thanks for your help,
                                                         Yoram

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Maybe this doesn't have anything to do with sceneries installed. Check if some other addon has replaced the default effects textures in the Effects folder, like fx1.bmp, etc. It should be apparent if a texture got replaced, because it usually have a different date than all the rest of the default files.

Yoram777

CAN SOMEONE FROM FSDREAMTEAM HELP ME?????????????????????
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 10:38:02 pm »
Hi;.Ive been having problems w the JFK scenery..seems no blue taxiway lights show up as they do inmmy FSDREAMTEAM KFLL.KORD, AND PHNL..I have traffic X instaalled and 3 scnery files for jfk..2 from fs dreamteam and 1 from traffic x. Whats the proper layering for the airport scenery in the scenery library? I also have UTX. Thanks

Yoram

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CAN SOMEONE FROM FSDREAMTEAM HELP ME?????????????????????
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 10:43:47 pm »
As explained many times already in this forum, if you have AFCADs files coming from other products, like AI Traffic packages, you have to REMOVE the offending BGL. You should have ONLY the default MS AFCAD and the one that comes with our scenery. Nothing more.

Yoram777

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 01:08:08 am »
I  have removed the traffic  x afcad using airport scanner but  sill get NO blue taxiway lights :((

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 09:57:50 am »
I  have removed the traffic  x afcad using airport scanner but  sill get NO blue taxiway lights :((

Then you have another .BGL, not of the AFCAD type, that is conflicting. I'm sorry, but there's not way to help you better than this: only you know what you have installed in your system.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:41:54 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 05:34:41 pm »
Yoram77, please, DO NOT keep opening new threads about this problem.

This is why I've removed your 4th post, first because you already have all the possible answers in other posts AND because you simply shouldn't opening new thread each time you want to make a post.

I've merged all your thread into one, please reply here, keep opening new threads on the same issue it's very confusing.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:43:03 pm by virtuali »

Yoram777

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 06:38:34 pm »
Im sorry, Virtuali..i dont know why all  my other fsdream scenery is fine except for jfk. I looked in my effects folder and tee are all diff files w diff dates.. dont know which are the default and which to remove.Does jfk actually have the blue taxiway lights or just the blue marker poles?

Yoram

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 10:04:09 pm »
You have been already replied to another user: the taxi lights works correctly in JFK.

Your problem has been caused by another product, either another AFCAD or something that has changed your effects files or, somehow, those files (which are part of FSX) have been corrupted and/or removed.

Yoram777

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 02:55:54 am »
Would a duplicate traffic bgl cause this problem? Thanks for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 07:24:22 am »
I think to have already replied it to this, yes, a conflicting .BGL can do this. An AFCAD it's a .BGL, but even another .BGL can cause this. But I think the replaced/corrupted/missing Effect files is the most likely case.

Yoram777

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 07:46:55 am »
Thanks for ur kind help  Umberto.  Do you  know which file(s)  in the effect folder would be related to the blue taxiway ,lights for jfk?. Its weird the other airports I purchased from FSDREAMTEAM dont have this problem, only KJFK  does.Thanks again for your help.   Yoram

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 08:05:11 am »
Thanks for ur kind help  Umberto.  Do you  know which file(s)  in the effect folder would be related to the blue taxiway ,lights for jfk?

I think to have already replied it to this, check the fx1.bmp file and other similarly named files in the Effects folder.

Its weird the other airports I purchased from FSDREAMTEAM dont have this problem, only KJFK  does.Thanks again for your help.

No, it's not. Not all airports use the same default resources so, if you are missing just one file, you will not affect all sceneries.