Author Topic: water runway asighnment  (Read 7632 times)

skimmer

water runway asighnment
« on: June 13, 2010, 09:45:27 pm »
When I first contact PHNL to land they give me a water runway. I then have to ask for a different runway to get land runway. Doesnt matter what im flying and from what direction Im arriving. When I file a flight plan it gives a correct land airstrip though. Anyone else have this?
                                                                                     Thank you

anappy

Re: water runway asighnment
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 10:43:55 pm »
Is this fsx or fs9? Also remeber to keep the gear up on those landings  ;)

skimmer

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 03:27:04 am »
FSX with acc. I had just downloaded PHNL on 06/11 and stand alone addon manager. No other addons that would interfear with FSDT products. Thanks. :)

skimmer

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 08:55:07 am »
Virtuali you got any advice?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 09:58:42 am »
I'm sorry, it's just that nobody reported it so far. Is the water runway the "real" water runway at PHNL, or it's one of the fake runways made to enable crosswind usage ?

skimmer

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 07:41:19 pm »
It reads like this.

anappy

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 10:10:50 pm »
do you fly IFR?

skimmer

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 08:48:44 am »
Not this time.Im gonna try an uninstall of HNL and the stand alone addon manager.When I file any flight plan it doesnt assighn water landing. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 10:56:14 am »
Not this time.Im gonna try an uninstall of HNL and the stand alone addon manager.

The Addon Manager doesn't have anything to do with runway assignment. The one and only file that can have an effect on this, is the AFCAD BGL, which can of course come from another scenery as well (or a Traffic package with its own AFCAD files)

skimmer

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 06:44:15 pm »
Well then,since I dont have any other scenery addons it must come from UT2. I will look long and hard at that before I do any uninstalls. Thank you. :)

skimmer

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 10:10:55 pm »
One thing for sure,FSDT products have nothing to do with water landing assighment. Even without HNL installed it still happens. As for an AFCAD file from UT2. I wouldnt know what to do with it if I found it anyway. So does anyone with UT2 have this happen? Thanks for any feed back. ;D  PS. Why does it look like a wall of water at 26water terminal?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 10:23:52 pm by skimmer »

airneal

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 07:47:53 pm »
One thing for sure,FSDT products have nothing to do with water landing assighment. Even without HNL installed it still happens. As for an AFCAD file from UT2. I wouldnt know what to do with it if I found it anyway. So does anyone with UT2 have this happen? Thanks for any feed back. ;D  PS. Why does it look like a wall of water at 26water terminal?

It only happens to me flying VFR.  I just request a real runway.  Hasn't happened yet IFR, using UT2.