Author Topic: USN Carrier Pattern Video  (Read 52295 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: USN Carrier Pattern Video
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2010, 08:51:51 am »
Slip...

Didnt know my most recent videos were removed?  My earlier ones were removed by me because the resolution was crap and I deleted them from YouTube.

To all...

This is a compilation of 30 sec FRAPS clips showing how to fly a USN touch-n-go pattern around the boat.  What to look for, and how to get setup.  If you get good at this pattern, you'll have a much easier time setting up at 3/4 of a mile and on-glideslope.  Believe me, its soooo much easier to get a Fair or even OK 3, when you are setup properly at the 3/4 mile mark.

Here ya go.

Enjoy.

EDIT: I edited the video using YouTube's pop-up windows to add visual cue highlights and extra verbiage, so people will know what to expect if they fly the multi. and want to use correct terms.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 07:16:19 am by Sludge »

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2010, 10:21:54 am »
Sludge, Excellent.  ;D  Nice work. Many thanks for an ideal demo on how to do it.  ::)

[EDIT} Agree with FSXNP that watching the above video (you can save it from your IE cache) in the native (original) resolution is the way to go to see all the detail.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:18:40 am by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2010, 11:06:51 am »
And this video in its native resolution 1728x1080 is stunning!  8)
Well done, Sludge!
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2010, 04:09:13 pm »
Thanks fellers...

Yeah, I dont know how to make a better video (with cool background music), so I ended up "merging" all four of those 30 sec FRAPS clips using the ANY VIDEO CONVERTER program and then downloaded it to YouTube.  And yes, I tried to save in 1920 x 1200, as thats what I fly in...

And I figured alot of people would like to see how I fly the pattern and keep getting 3 wires.  Once you get the pattern down, its ALOT EASIER to get "3 wires", but still takes work to fly the final bearing down to the wires to get an "OK" grade.  In this video I would give a "fair" grade as I started very low and had trouble getting on course, and was left of center "in the wires".  Fair 3.

Also, I hope it helps to show how to use the ICLS needles and TACAN arrow/distance to hit certain points in the pattern and be on glideslope at the 90, or if youre not, HOW TO CORRECT... to get back on and get setup for a good final bearing approach.

BTW, I added my "navy carrier pattern" file, so people can download it, open it up, and follow along the video to find where I deviated (shouldnt be much) from the standards.  I wrote this file a while ago, but since I'm long-winded, there's nothing like a video to actually show what Im talking about... along with a tutorial guide to follow along.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:11:09 pm by Sludge »

Orion

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2010, 06:56:41 pm »
Nice video, Sludge :).

On a side note, have you received my PM?

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2010, 07:45:44 pm »
Orion...

Yeah, just PM'd you and will wait for the answer, if you know what Im talking about in my PM.

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2010, 08:05:36 pm »
Yep, replied.