Author Topic: Geneva not loading  (Read 6537 times)

alvinodegai

Geneva not loading
« on: June 06, 2010, 04:00:42 pm »
Hi,
I just bought and downloaded Geneva, It tell me that the product is active but I am still getting the old generic scenery, I cant even find the geneva scenery anywhere in my database, did I do something wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Geneva not loading
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 06:43:12 pm »
Have you seen an error message during the installation, that told you your scenery.cfg was already corrupted before running the installer ?

If this was the case, it explains both why you don't see the scenery ( the installation hasn't completed before of that error ), and you don't see it in the Scenery Library as well.

If this is the case, it's not a problem of the scenery, but it's because your scenery.cfg already had an error (usually because of having hand edited it ) before running the installer, which is why the installer notifies of the error, and will not touch your scenery.cfg, unless you fix it.

If you are sure you haven't seen any error message during the installation, it might be instead a permission problem of your user account (it should have admin rights). In this case, try to run the installer again as administrator, and check and double check you don't see any error messages during the installation about your scenery.cfg being corrupted.

alvinodegai

Re: Geneva not loading
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 12:43:43 am »
thanks for the suggestions, it is working now