Author Topic: O'Hare reinstall caused FS not to start  (Read 4504 times)

Pacificstar92

O'Hare reinstall caused FS not to start
« on: May 30, 2010, 10:25:43 pm »
Okay so i first discovered a problem when i went to fly with a friend. I thought it was just FS Multiplayer that caused it, then i went back when i had disconnected from MP; it was still there. 
The default scenery was over the FSDT scenery. I thought i would try a reinstall, uninstalled and reinstalled fine, although i didnt remove the addon manager, as i have other FSDT products and the QWSim 757.

I went to load flight sim, the splash screen came up, and it usually takes a few minutes for my sim to load due to the amount of addons i have.  But i went away and came back 10 minutes later to find that FS had closed.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? I've had this problem before, but i cant remember how i fixed it, and i cant do a reinstall of FS because, quite frankly, i dont have the patience  :-\

Any help is appreciated

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: O'Hare reinstall caused FS not to start
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 10:28:32 pm »
First, be sure you are using the current version of the scenery. If not sure, download it again.

The most common problem for this is the antivirus, try to do the following:

- Unistall the sceneries and reply YES to the question "do you want to remove the addon manager?" Check you don't have any bglman*.* files in the FS9\MODULES folder. You shouldn't after uninstalling but, better check.

- Turn your antivirus OFF

- Reinstall the sceneries. DO NOT turn the antivirus ON, yet.

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the FS9\MODULES\BGLMAN.DLL

- Turn the antivirus back ON and try again running FS9.

Pacificstar92

Re: O'Hare reinstall caused FS not to start
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 01:43:26 pm »
Thanks for your reply.  I uninstalled them all, then reinstalled them, then i went to FS, and it worked, all it took was just a reinstall of all the sceneries and QW757 :) I am happy again :)

Thanks