Author Topic: 2.9.7 Update Error  (Read 252 times)

atco

2.9.7 Update Error
« on: April 03, 2024, 05:04:53 am »
Update to 2.9.7 crashes part way through

Error message:
"Error downloading file (folder location)FSDREAMTEAM\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\SimObjects\GroundVehicles\FSDT_Passengers\model.CWom_0029_SEATED\FSDT_Passenger_CWom_0029_LOD4.bin: Bad Request"
After it hangs for a while then a prompt comes up saying download has been canceled.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 2.9.7 Update Error
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 04:24:52 pm »
Checked and it doesn't happen. I removed the whole model.CWom_0029_SEATED folder from the installation, ran the updater, and it redownloaded it correctly restoring al files as expected, so the problem is clearly on your side.

The usual suggestions:

- Configure the antivirus and make sure the whole "Addon Manager" folder is added to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Be sure any firewall or similar software is not interfering with the updater.

atco

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 10:09:00 pm »
Ah the usual response, problem is on the customer side, nothing to do with us lol. I should have seen that coming a mile away!

Clearly it wasn't because a) I have had everything GSX related, program, Addon Manager, all folders, GSX executable, updater, airports etc you name it excluded in my anti-virus since the first day I installed it because I remember how finicky coutal was in the P3D days and b) Other then check to make sure everything was still excluded I didn't do anything else or make any changes.

Lo and behold I ran the updater again and this time it completed normally with everything downloaded.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 09:53:48 am »
Ah the usual response, problem is on the customer side, nothing to do with us lol. I should have seen that coming a mile away!

The response was of course correct according to your report, which prompted us to verify your issue, to be sure it wasn't a problem on *our* side because, if it were, it would have happened to everybody.

Lo and behold I ran the updater again and this time it completed normally with everything downloaded.

Which clearly confirms the problem wasn't on our side.

It might have been your browser cache playing tricks on you, your ISP routing, a problem with your local Cloudflare node not being updated yet (this is unlikely, since that object is there since the original GSX release in MSFS) so yes, all problems on your side.

"A problem on your side" doesn't mean or imply in ANY WAY it's "YOUR FAULT", it simply means "a problem on your side", no more than that.