Author Topic: Gateway that connect automatically  (Read 376 times)

Axis360

Gateway that connect automatically
« on: March 30, 2024, 09:30:18 am »
Good morning,

I would like to know why at certain airports the gateway connects by itself when I arrive at the gate?
Whereas at other airports, most of the time, it's me who decides to bring it to the plane via the GSX menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gateway that connect automatically
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 04:31:22 pm »
Not possible to reply with such a sparse report, missing important things like the airplane used, for example. Some airplanes operate the jetways themselves. And in some cases, the default AI Copilot will do that.

kingnorris

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 05:29:20 am »
Good morning,

I would like to know why at certain airports the gateway connects by itself when I arrive at the gate?
Whereas at other airports, most of the time, it's me who decides to bring it to the plane via the GSX menu.

Happens to me also. I believe if you park perfectly, it'll automatically move. If you're slightly off, it will not. At least, that's what I think.
And Virtuali, I use the PMDG 737-800 every flight.

Axis360

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 08:55:43 am »
I use the fenix A320 on all my flights.
I take an example from the last time in Seville, I arrived, and not even had time to turn off the engines as the gateway came to connect (I deactivated auto jetway in the Fenix ​​EFB) it makes me very rarely.

I don't know if it's the fact that I'm perfectly parked, because I try to be and I think I am every time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 05:09:09 pm »
Maybe I wasn't very clear but, since you are posting here, you might assume GSX has something to do with this. It doesn't: under no circumstances does GSX try to operate jetways automatically. It's always after your command to GSX.

However, as I've said, there might be other cases where the jetway might start on its own, none of these has anything to do with GSX and are:

- The airplane might feature jetway automation on its own.

- The AI Copilot in the sim will sometime operate the jetways. I'm not sure if this can possibly happen under certain condition even if it's disabled.

Regardless of the reason you see jetways moving automatically, it's never GSX. And, just to be even more precise: if you see the airplane door opening automatically when the jetway gets close to it, IT'S NOT GSX either.

GSX **USED** to operate the airplane door when the jetway approached but, since after some update, MSFS itself added this feature with no way to disable it, we removed it from GSX, which will only operate the *other* doors (assuming it can, meaning the airplane either use standard doors or has special GSX integration), but on the main exit (if there's a jetway), because that one is operated by the simulator automatically, when the jetway get close.

Axis360

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 03:03:50 pm »
wow! Ok thanks for the explanations! It's technical

romaf12008

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2024, 04:35:28 pm »
Ok, is it possible to make sure that if the jetway connects automatically, then after selecting the deboarding option it does not drive away?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2024, 11:13:11 pm »
Ok, is it possible to make sure that if the jetway connects automatically, then after selecting the deboarding option it does not drive away?

It surely doesn't, and if you read my previous explanation, it should be clear that, in case that happens, there's nothing we can do to prevent OTHER things to operate the jetway themselves.